Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will Glock continue the Gen 4?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a KKM barrel that tightens my Gen5 19 up by about 30%. I thought the grooves or trigger at first too.

Feedback Score
    They will discontinue the Gen 4's as a manufacturing necessity when the molds are worn out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Gen 5 launch went about as well as the bay of pigs. 4 ain’t going anywhere.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    The Gen 5 launch went about as well as the bay of pigs. 4 ain’t going anywhere.
    What makes you say that? I thought the Gen 5 was pretty well received, but I'm in CA so my only way of gauging that is based on reading here and other forums.

And yeah, I think 4th Gen would be the first to go of the current three available. I think CA is too big of a market for them to lose. It would probably make more sense for Glock to just start producing Gen 5 versions of all the other calibers vs keeping Gen 5 as 9 mm only and Gen 4 for everything else.
    Last edited by w3453l; 02-08-18 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I highly doubt Gen3, Gen4, or Gen5 are going anywhere.

Gen3 will probably keep going so long as they are allowed to be sold new in California if for no other reason, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Military Arms Channel got better groups out of a Gen 3 (or4?) than they got out of a 5.

Anyone know of reviews of the 5 vs. older generations using a ransom rest or other gadget to take the human factor out?

Link?

Hopefully you aren't referring to one informal offhand somewhat rapid fire group with each gun when citing one gen grouping better than the other (I like his channel but that comparison was just silly)
    Last edited by Warp; 02-08-18 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    The Gen 3s are staying, the Gen 4s will be discontinued. The Gen 5s may only be 9mm, due to the one pin frame. From what I’ve heard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12