Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Dropping Hi-Power Models from Production

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Browning Dropping Hi-Power Models from Production

TFB Article

No longer in production. The Hi-Power is one of John Moses Browning’s finest designs. And although it is possible to still find Hi-Power pistols at dealers across the U.S., the Hi-Power is technically out of production. Current dealer inventories will be the last available from Browning for the foreseable future.
    Well, if you have an original Browning Hi-Power, those models will get seriously higher collector values in the next decade.

Sad to see them stop, I know there's a lot of copy cats still being produced and newer models.

Considered how integrated they were/are into sport shooting, it's a sad thing to see.

Feedback Score
    It's a shame. I love them and will miss seeing them in the line up.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think they sold much on the commercial market. I have some good gun stores and I don't really remember any one carrying a new HiPower. Used...sure but almost never new. I think they were hanging on up until England and Canada dropped them

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't think they sold much on the commercial market. I have some good gun stores and I don't really remember any one carrying a new HiPower. Used...sure but almost never new. I think they were hanging on up until England and Canada dropped them

As far as I'm aware, Canada and Australia still issue them - and I thought the Canadian ones were domestically produced. When did that change?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Canada and Australia still issue them - and I thought the Canadian ones were domestically produced. When did that change?
    You could be right

Feedback Score
    That is sad news. One of the all time great handguns. Owners will appreciate the value appreciation. A loss for the rest.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Canada was allegedly destroying theirs a few years back according to some Canadian news articles posted on the Hi Power forum.

If they were only using Inglis pistols(can't recall if those ended soon after the war or up in to the mid 50's) that isn't exactly a high volume user/source to sell to...which really seems to be the case world wide with military pistols.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Not to burst your bubble but ALL UK forces including Canada are moving to the G17.

FN ceased production 2 years ago so this is not news to most.

As there are millions in circulation unless you have a special model or run they won't be appreciating much if any.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Browning Hi-Power and Colt 1911, the two most aesthetically pleasing handguns ever. IMHO.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldgrunt View Post
    Not to burst your bubble but ALL UK forces including Canada are moving to the G17.

FN ceased production 2 years ago so this is not news to most.

As there are millions in circulation unless you have a special model or run they won't be appreciating much if any.
    Canada is not part of the UK. Neither is Australia nor New Zealand.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast