Thread: Question about Curio & Relic guns

Feedback Score

Question about Curio & Relic guns

Due to a peculiarity in Illinois law, you have to maintain a 03FFL (Curio & Relic Collector's License) to own an SBR. I have heard from a few sources that the BATFE will not renew that license if you don't use it. I really only obtained it for SBR purposes so my question is...what is the dirt cheapest C&R eligible gun that I can buy on that license to ensure I can renew when necessary? I'd prefer a functional gun if I have to buy one I suppose.

Feedback Score
    You might want to research that a bit. Never heard of an 03 not being renewed for lack of use. How would they know, only you have the book to document your activities?

Never heard of a 03 as a requirement for an SBR either.

Feedback Score
    Well on the renewal form it asks how many firearms you have acquired using the license in the last 3 years. I suppose that needs to match what is in the records book you maintain.

As far as Illinois law: yes it’s idiotic. But I got my sbr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting - I have not heard that they would not renew a C&R for lack of activity. I doubt that is correct actually but I have been wrong before.

Yes, in Illinois if you have a C&R you can go through the process to have an SBR.... others can have them also, firearm manufacturers, law enforcement, etc.... but not the common FOID holder who does not have a C&R.

Feedback Score
    Learn something new every day. In this case another reason Illinois is a bastion of dumber than dirt leftist morons. I have no idea now but used to be some of the Arisaka rifles, and some of the minor participant nations rifles, from WWII were pretty inexpensive C&R candidates. Good luck.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.