Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Pro- Is there a reason to buy the other more expensive aimpoints?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aimpoint Pro- Is there a reason to buy the other more expensive aimpoints?

I have an aimpoint PRO which is really a nice red dot. Yet, I see the more expensive aimpoint offerings. I know they are smaller and lighter, however, is there a noticeable difference that it is worth upgrading? Your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Size and weight, better mounting options, better housings (comp M5).

With that said my Aimpoint ACO has a cleaner and better dot than my T2.

Feedback Score
    I did not like how the Aimpoint Pro's battery can be hard to find. I know in the age of the internet that's not a concern for most people, but if you need one TODAY you won't find it at a lot of outlets. Here locally one and only one store sells it.

Instead of Aimpoint, how about a Trijicon MRO? A lot less money than a micro Aimpoint and I like mine better than any Aimpoint I ever owned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an old beat up M2 that I have on my rifle. It uses those weird batteries. I order a handful every few years and replace yearly. No biggy for me. The optic works well. Does what it needs to do.

That said, I am kind of interested in the MRO.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Size and weight, better mounting options, better housings (comp M5).
    What he said. If I'm sacrificing the reticle to an Aimpoint, I'm getting the smallest and lightest sealed red dot available.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a PRO, and one spare battery lives in the mount on the weapon. Several more live in the primary range bag, so I've got nearly 10 years worth of juice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the dot any clearer on the more expensive versions? Are the optics better? Some of them are double the price of the PRO. As such, do I gain more than just size and wieght and the housing?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    99% of shooters would be served, WELL, with an Aimpoint PRO.

If you're worried about ZOMGSHTF, grab some extra batts, and you'll be fine. If shit gets that nasty, batteries for your optic are the least of your worries.

Don't overthink it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If this actually means anything to you, according to the Aimpoint website, the PRO is not rated for military use, while the micros, comp m4 and the new m5 are. The more expensive options may (and I very much stress “may”) be slightly more durable than the PRO. I’ve seen the YouTube video about a PRO surviving a house fire so I tend to think it’s plenty durable enough for anything you could throw at it.

I’ve had PROs on my rifles, and I like them. But, I’ve come to greatly prefer the footprint and weigh savings of the micros, so I now have 2 rifles set up with T2s and have sold off the PROs. If I didn’t currently have T2s or I couldn’t afford them, the MRO would probably be my choice over a PRO. With the PRO weighing over 11oz with factory mount and battery, I’d rather add just a few more oz to that so I could run an lvpo and gain flexibility to offset the added weight.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a PRO and the C3. I liked the C3 more. The brightness settings on the C3 had a better sweet spot for me. (6 for the house) With the PRO it was either too bright or too dim... sounds silly, but I didn't like it, and sold it off.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast