Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Pro- Is there a reason to buy the other more expensive aimpoints?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I have a PRO, and one spare battery lives in the mount on the weapon. Several more live in the primary range bag, so I've got nearly 10 years worth of juice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the mount? Are you using the QRP-2 mount it comes with?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Aimpoint Pro- Is there a reason to buy the other more expensive aimpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    In the mount? Are you using the QRP-2 mount it comes with?
    Nope. I'm using a LaRue.

The ML3 that's on another rifle also uses the 1/3N battery and it's got the same mount, with a spare cell in it.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-09-18 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a PRO and a T1. With my astigmatism, the PRO is a much better dot, especially under magnification. I have heard the T2 is even better but haven’t been able to try it out - YET.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuck View Post
    If this actually means anything to you, according to the Aimpoint website, the PRO is not rated for military use, while the micros, comp m4 and the new m5 are. The more expensive options may (and I very much stress “may”) be slightly more durable than the PRO. I’ve seen the YouTube video about a PRO surviving a house fire so I tend to think it’s plenty durable enough for anything you could throw at it.

I’ve had PROs on my rifles, and I like them. But, I’ve come to greatly prefer the footprint and weigh savings of the micros, so I now have 2 rifles set up with T2s and have sold off the PROs. If I didn’t currently have T2s or I couldn’t afford them, the MRO would probably be my choice over a PRO. With the PRO weighing over 11oz with factory mount and battery, I’d rather add just a few more oz to that so I could run an lvpo and gain flexibility to offset the added weight.
    There's at least one You Tube video of guys dropping a Trijicon MRO from a second story and the optic continued to work even though the rifle broke. Can the Aimpoint Pro do that?

Add to that: the MRO has a nice crisp dot even with my astigmatism. Only on settings 5 and 6 does it bloom a little and on a bright sunny day the bloom is mitigated for the most part.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 02-09-18 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Nope. I'm using a LaRue.

The ML3 that's on another rifle also uses the 1/3N battery and it's got the same mount, with a spare cell in it.

Gotcha. I have a couple of PROs but I'm still using the QRP-2 mounts they came with at the current time. I was wondering if I had somehow managed to overlook a battery storage compartment in the mount.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    They sell the batteries at both hardware stores in my hometown. I bought the extended battery compartment for both of my Aimpoint pro's.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had my pro for 5-6 years now and changed the battery twice (just because I wanted too). Only downside is the type of battery. I order them from amazon. The larger lense gives a great FOV while looking through the optic.

I would like a T1/T2 though.

Feedback Score
    I am a self admitted Aimpoint fan, for red dots they own my soul. I have a T1 on my personal gun and a Pro was issued to me on my patrol rifle (I have the last Bushmaster, I don't want to talk about it.). I have no complaints with the PRO and for the vast majority of users it will be a great optic. Would I prefer to have a T1/T2, yes. Smaller, lighter, better battery life. 1/3Ns are difficult to source, just buy them off of Amazon in bulk. I keep a spare in my patrol bag and a few more in my locker.

One of my best friends was wanting an optic for his DD M4 and his wife gave him a $500 or less budget. I had no issue recommending the PRO.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Size and weight, better mounting options, better housings (comp M5).

With that said my Aimpoint ACO has a cleaner and better dot than my T2.
    The CompM5 is 3.2 oz lighter than the PRO, but roughly twice the price. That being said, where the M5 really soars is with the type of battery that it uses.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Drop coin on micro and throw pro on spare rifle like the rest of us and repeat till you have a dozen blasters of all calibers and lengths. Then spend time posting many pics on multiple gun forums and live a happy life.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast