Thread: I’ve never changed my T1 battery

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

I’ve never changed my T1 battery

I just realized I got my first Aimpoint T1 around 2012 and I have never once changed the battery. It is usually stored off, but damn that’s incredible when considering how much use it’s seen.

I’d like to get into the routine of changing all of my batteries on like 1/1 or something. Lights, optics, lasers, NV, etc (I don’t store lasers and NV with batteries but still keep them handy) but it’s hard to really justify that with the battery life you get these days.

Who remembers being in OIF with the ****ing huge Surefire incandescent lights that got maaybbeee 20min of runtime on two CR123s? Those things ran out of juice so fast we weren’t even allowed to use them for admin purposes.

What an incredible age we live in. What do you guys do for battery replacement? Has anyone had an aimpoint battery actually die? How long was it in? What were the symptoms before it was dead?

God save the Queen.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    It is impressive. My garage door opener uses the same battery as my T1. So when the garage door opener dies, I grab the battery out of the T1 and put it in the opener, and put a fresh battery in the T1. I think the last change was 2 years ago....meaning a 2 year used T1 battery has lasted about 2 years in my garage door opener and is still going.
    In comparison, engine oil lasted longer than the N batteries in my old eotech.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Who remembers being in OIF with the ****ing huge Surefire incandescent lights that got maaybbeee 20min of runtime on two CR123s? Those things ran out of juice so fast we weren’t even allowed to use them for admin purposes.
    You mean the huge bastards that left you nowhere to hold the gun because they took up the whole freaking rail on a M4? I hated that thing.

Side note, this is how vertical foregrips became popular in my circle back in the day. 7 in cheese grater, a laser that took up most of the top rail, a flashlight that took up the whole side rail, a handguard endcap that will burn you through nomex gloves, and you still had to find a place to mount a pressure switch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aimpoint batteries have to be changed?
    Think you might be confusing smoke alarms.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve had an H1 on setting 6 or 7 on since 2013. Never changed a battery. I have a T1 that’s been on for about two years, I think- bought it on sale right after the T2 was introduced. I believe that I’ll swap out both batteries since the H1 has been going so long and try to remember to do the same in four years or so if I can, lol.

LPVO’s get their batteries changed every New Years.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    H1- have left it on 24/7 365 since early 2014, on setting 5. Have never turned it off. Guess it should probably be swapped?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Euro, that shit is going to get you killed on da streetz!

(just kidding)

It is an interesting data point. I've never left a battery in an Aimpoint that long. I change all the batteries here at Rancho Serious on January first every year - weapon lights, optics, smoke detectors, etc. A CR2032 costs me about 60 cents. A CR123 bought in bulk is about the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I just realized I got my first Aimpoint T1 around 2012 and I have never once changed the battery. It is usually stored off, but damn that’s incredible when considering how much use it’s seen.

I’d like to get into the routine of changing all of my batteries on like 1/1 or something. Lights, optics, lasers, NV, etc (I don’t store lasers and NV with batteries but still keep them handy) but it’s hard to really justify that with the battery life you get these days.

What an incredible age we live in. What do you guys do for battery replacement? Has anyone had an aimpoint battery actually die? How long was it in? What were the symptoms beforec it was dead?

God save the Queen.
    Yep.
    M9 with pre Surefire Laser Technologies light/club.
    M4A1 with Surefire 951, PEQ2, KaC drop in rail with grip, Eotech, and A R M S 40.

Laugh now, but it was gangsta AF compared to when I start d in Ranger Bn in the 80s.

Same weapons for 8 years.
    Two new barrels for the M4, updated to a smaller PEQ that added a visible laser, and went to a scout light.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”