Thread: Advice on back up sights on Glock MOS handguns

Feedback Score

Advice on back up sights on Glock MOS handguns

I have a Leupold Delta Pro I'm using on my Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS handgun and I'm trying to figure which iron sights to to go with. I want to make sure I have sights that the dot cowitnesses with. I've heard the MOS system requires different/unique/higher sights than a milled slide. I'm interested in the Leupold rear sight assembly for the Deltapoint pro, but wondering what front sight to use.

Any advice?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The tallest suppressor height sight that you can find. I believe Ameriglo makes some, as does Dawson. I would buy the cheapest plain front to make sure it is usable. DPP has a relatively high housing and is hard to co-witness; I am not certain if I know anyone with MOS who has it co-witnessed. If you get a front sight that is visible through a window, it is good enough. Most of those co-witness sights are not even close to POA/POI hitting. They are there just as a crude backup.

Feedback Score
    The reason I asked is that Gabe Suarez over on Warrior Talk in response to my entirely innocent question went on a rant against Glock MOS handguns and read me the riot act and then blocked me from asking any more questions. Geesh. From what he said I gathered he is a big believer in co-witnessed red dot systems for the best experience using them. He has an interesting approach to customer service. I guess I did not drink the Suarez koolaid before registering over on that forum.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well, he offers milled slides for Glocks, alternatives are competition.

MOS has been criticized for being less optimal system than others and making it harder to co-witness. The former is largely a theoretic BS. Other systems may have some advantages but I personally know a good dozen of Carry Optic shooters that shoot the crap out of their MOS guns and nothing fails. Not the attachment, at least. The co-witnessing is obviously harder with any plate attachment system than a direct milling but I am sure it can be done for most optics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Well, he offers milled slides for Glocks, alternatives are competition.

MOS has been criticized for being less optimal system than others and making it harder to co-witness. The former is largely a theoretic BS. Other systems may have some advantages but I personally know a good dozen of Carry Optic shooters that shoot the crap out of their MOS guns and nothing fails. Not the attachment, at least. The co-witnessing is obviously harder with any plate attachment system than a direct milling but I am sure it can be done for most optics.

Thanks! Good to know.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    One of the reasons I’ve only used MOS guns or dovetail adapters is I don’t want to be sitting on a milled slide in 5 or 10 years when the optic is broken or dead and nothing shares the footprint. MOS isn’t perfect, but it does offer a way around that for those who aren’t doing super high round HSLD or competition-type guns that won’t last that long.

Feedback Score
    that's a great point, and thanks. That's what I was thinking as well, frankly.