G&R Tactical

Thread: Efficient Training Plan

Feedback Score

Efficient Training Plan

Hey guys,

I am new to shooting the AR. Taking a class isn't in the deck for right now, but I have a case of 55gr Freedom Munitions.
    What would be the most effective and efficient way to use up that 1000 rounds?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably go better in training and tactics forums.

There are several books available on the subject. You wouldn't waste money buying Kyle Lamb's Green Eyes Black Rifles. I would also say AR15 Skills and Drills by Tiger McKee wouldn't be a waste of money, I don't recommend it as highly, though.

Both of those books give you enough to get started.

I'm sure that other folks who have suggestions will chime in.

Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Feedback Score
    Haven't had a chance to USE it yet, but so far I'm impressed by Jeff Gonzales's TACOST Rifle deck of drill cards. The acid test will be putting it to work after the AR's go through Function Checkout, though, assuming they survive that...

+1 on McKee, get on Gun Digest's newsletter list and wait for a sale. Will have to look into a copy of GEBR too...
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

LITORE SINISTRUM DELENDA EST!--after, and with apologies to, Cato the Elder

Sent from my arse using Crapatalk.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the recommendations guys. I picked up Kyle's handgun and carbine books. I would love to train with the guy, but I have already emailed and they're full up for all of 2018. Bummer.

I also watch Tactical Rifleman and Garand Thumb on YouTube. They can sneak in some good stuff for me.

I will try to report back with progress.