Thread: Has anyone tried an ammopal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone tried an ammopal?

https://www.ammopal.com

And if you have, how is it compared to California Competition Works/Safariland type caddies?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone tried an ammopal?

Tried it for a few competition shoots, worked ok. Meaning I loaded it beforehand, then pulled shells out the same day.

Then I left one loaded for a few months. Rounds jammed in the body. Could get them out, but had to strike it with my hand a few times for it to move them out. I also am not a fan of the feed lips holding the top shell in the body. While I’m sure they would hold up for short-term, they do look a little crappy.

Another reason I don’t like box magazines for shotguns... too finicky. Also note, shotgun shells have rims. Either you stack them in with the rim staggered on each side to get the maximum capacity... then have to guess if you have to flip the first one you grab, and go back and forth while loading (not the same process to load each round, which I dislike). Or you stack them on all the same side, and possibly have rimlock. If the rim below is in front of the one you are pulling, if you don’t pull it squarely out, it doesn’t allow you to swing them out.

For a shell carrier, I like the Safariland branded ones... preferably the four shot. Just easier to grab that number to load. A sidesaddle is also on my preferred list, over that.
    Last edited by Screwball; 02-12-18 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Watched a review after posting this and the guy mentioned rimlock or alternating direction. Did say the manufacturer claimed had tweaked new production to eliminate that , but considering shotgun shells have been the same for over a century that should have been worked out in round 1 testing. Reviewer noted they looked flimsy, but were holding up to dropping and throwing although he didn't do a long term loaded test.

Been using the CA comp one awhile and have the 4 shot Safariland 085 arriving today I think so that is good news. Noticed the Chinese knock off of the ammopal while checking eta then found the original.