Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching to Trijicon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    "I did miss that! Thanks for pointing that out"

"Me too. Off to the corner"

No big deal guys. I thought the OP's "MRO Patrol" was a typo. I didn't know it existed before today. What attracted me to the MRO were 3 things. Low weight, compact size, FOV and price point. The new Patrol version takes away what attracted me to it in the first place.
    Doesn't look like there is that much difference in weight. It also comes with what appears to be a nice quick release mount. Size is only slightly increased with the lens caps and kill flash, but I'd be happy trading a tiny bit size wise for all of the extras.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbrogers View Post
    Doesn't look like there is that much difference in weight. It also comes with what appears to be a nice quick release mount. Size is only slightly increased with the lens caps and kill flash, but I'd be happy trading a tiny bit size wise for all of the extras.
    Is the killflash really something you need? If you’re looking for covers, here are some silicone style covers that you can through on.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Is the killflash really something you need? If you’re looking for covers, here are some silicone style covers that you can through on.
    Don't particularly need it, but it would be nice to have the option should I ever want to use it. The main reasons were the mount that comes with it and the lens covers. I can't seem to find an MRO with a quality quick release mount for the price of the one I linked, so that's the main reason I'm giving it strong consideration over the regular MRO.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon is my favorite optic company. I mainly use accupoints and accupowers but I do plan on getting a MRO one day.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbrogers View Post
    The extras as you call them aren't worth the size/weight/price penalty to me. It's your money.. Piss it away however you please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Trijicon is my favorite optic company. I mainly use accupoints and accupowers but I do plan on getting a MRO one day.
    I'll have to check out the accupoint and accupower.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought the MRO Patrol from optics planet before Christmas on sale plus a 13% off coupon. Came out to $458.xx once I received it I was disappointed it wasn’t the new 90,000+ SN with the update lens. I called optics planet and they said they couldn’t check SN before sending it out. I called Trijicon and told them I wanted one with the updated lens and they said send it in and replaced the lens for free. I have 8 Trijicon optics plus about 15-16 Trijicon pistol night sights. I enjoyed the MRO so much I’ll be putting them on anything else that needs a RDS.

They have great CS. I’m a costumer for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I bought the MRO Patrol from optics planet before Christmas on sale plus a 13% off coupon. Came out to $458.xx once I received it I was disappointed it wasn’t the new 90,000+ SN with the update lens. I called optics planet and they said they couldn’t check SN before sending it out. I called Trijicon and told them I wanted one with the updated lens and they said send it in and replaced the lens for free. I have 8 Trijicon optics plus about 15-16 Trijicon pistol night sights. I enjoyed the MRO so much I’ll be putting them on anything else that needs a RDS.

They have great CS. I’m a costumer for life.
    Was the one you paid $458 for with or without the mount?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Was the one you paid $458 for with or without the mount?
    With.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12