Thread: Wolves: Controversial Conversation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wolves: Controversial Conversation

So,

Here in Minnesota, we have gone back and forth in regards to wolf hunting for a long time.

Most recently, we had an image traversing facebook supporting legislation that would revoke snaring rights to hunters as they cause collateral damage to animals, unintended targets, and the "ever endangered" wolf species.

I feel it's a statistical anomaly, and if it was my choice, Wolves would be open game at a hell of a premium for a license to be a controlled game just like it should be. Poachers will poach, and still do today illegally, but I wouldn't mind having a pelt and experiencing that hunt one day in a completely legal manner.

What-say-you?

Am I an evil person for deeming wolves a potentially dangerous species to the Natural Resources, as we know it today? Or am I one of the meat heads blocking "Natural Progression" even if it means I might not get the opportunity to get a deer or elk in a decade or two?

I am moderately intrigued to see how our generally conservative board feels about this topic. Should Snaring be outlawed? Is there no valid use for Snaring? Or should it be left alone? Should wolves be added to the license registry?
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-12-18 at 13:35.