Thread: NPA Question

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

NPA Question

I’ve got four IFAK/blowout kits, etc set up, all of which contain a 28 Fr NPA and a small packet of lube in addition to the usual items, TQ, gloves, gauze, hemostatic, chest seals, 4” Izzy, scissors, and Sharpie. I recently unpacked all kits to check them and noticed that the NPAs were all somewhat collapsed where they sit under a strap lengthwise and unfolded in each kit. For what it’s worth, I’m using double magazine pouches with ATS inserts to carry them.

The NPAs pretty much quickly “spring” back and tubes open up when removed, but the horn/trumpet remains somewhat folded and flat. I never thought about this happening, but all other items in the kit seem to be unaffected by storage and ready for business. I should add that I’m not aware of them being subjected to temperature extremes, high or low, for extended periods.

Is this condition of the NPAs reason for concern should I need one for its intended use? Any alternative/better storage suggestions?

TIA!
    Last edited by afff_667; 02-12-18 at 20:20.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    If the tube itself is not occluded there is not much concern.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Non-issue.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I will not worry, then, but will continue to check them periodically and replace if questionable.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The greater concern for the NPA is to make sure your lube is still unopened and usable.

Should also mention that NPA is no go for a head injury...
    Last edited by Krazykarl; 02-13-18 at 15:57. Reason: Contraindicated....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post

Should also mention that NPA is no go for a head injury...
    This isn't/shouldn't be taught anymore.

Only adding because hypoxia in a head injury/traumatic brain injury should be avoided.

https://www.emsworld.com/article/120...l-trauma-myths
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not an issue. Theses get compressed pretty tight for storage in most small cube IFAKS