Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO or MRO Patrol?

Feedback Score

Trijicon MRO or MRO Patrol?

What are the reasons for buying a MRO Patrol over the basic MRO? We are talking about a significant price difference.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    From the Trijicon Website:

“The new MRO PATROL adds lens covers at both the Ocular and Objective lens. An ARD Kill Flash protects you from unwanted detection at range or in bright conditions while eliminating glare. The MRO PATROL features a light and strong newly designed quick release mount that’s available in either full height or 1/3rd iron sight co-witness. Constructed of 7075-T6 aluminum, the precision mount provides return to zero accuracy and is mil spec drop test rated. From the box to the rifle to the field the MRO PATROL provides everything you need to bring the best in red dot sighting to bare.”

There are after market lens covers available. There are QD mounts also available. How does the need for a killflash fit into your plan?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's the exact same optic with some accessories included. You can find equally good mounts for less money with 5 minutes of shopping. Right now the standard MROs are fairly inexpensive, it's a good time to get one if you want one.

Feedback Score
    I bought the standard MRO with 1/3 cowitness mount for $389.95.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...t&groupid=9658

I added the Tango Down optic cover for about another $45.00

There isn't really much about the Pro that's a vast improvement over the standard model in my mind. YMMV

EDITED TO ADD: Oops. Just noticed Aim is out of the MRO, but I guess they will get more.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 02-13-18 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    What are the reasons for buying a MRO Patrol over the basic MRO? We are talking about a significant price difference.
    No real need. Also, make sure you are buying from a dealer that is selling the Gen 2 MRO’s (one with a serial # over 89k).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Trijico...unt_p_656.html

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No real need. Also, make sure you are buying from a dealer that is selling the Gen 2 MRO’s (one with a serial # over 89k).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/Trijico...unt_p_656.html

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I forget: what was "wrong" with the early ones? IIRC some people didn't think it was that big a deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I forget: what was "wrong" with the early ones? IIRC some people didn't think it was that big a deal.
    Some folks noted that they could more easily perceive it wasn't a "true" 1x when compared to Aimpoints and other optics. Also, some felt the blue tint was a bit much. Personally, sure, if I'm sitting on a couch, they bother me, but when running the gun, I never noticed it.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I presently have 28 MROs in my garage that i am mounting on LaRue mount to replace our older Aimpoint M2/M3s. They are split about half in the 87k range and the other is 98k range. There is no noticeable difference in them. That i was able to tell. These are all for entry gun for our swat team. I don’t see any thing with the pre89k that would be an issue for CQB work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    I presently have 28 MROs in my garage that i am mounting on LaRue mount to replace our older Aimpoint M2/M3s. They are split about half in the 87k range and the other is 98k range. There is no noticeable difference in them. That i was able to tell. These are all for entry gun for our swat team. I don’t see any thing with the pre89k that would be an issue for CQB work.
    Since you obviously have some real world experience with your MRO's, have you noticed any shortcomings inherent to the optic? Durability? Longevity? Quoted vs. actual battery life?

Feedback Score
    Tagged for interest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast