Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex or Primary Arms RDS

Feedback Score

Vortex or Primary Arms RDS

Ok so I did search this topic in here and most recent post was from 2014. I am looking for a 2moa RDS for my build to co witness. Any suggestions on which one? Years ago I had a strike fire first gen and really liked it and the quality of it. Trying to stay around 100-200$

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by dg1; 01-31-18 at 06:46. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    I would go with Primary Arms newer rotary dial 50k hour RDS. It has a lifetime warranty now just like Vortex and is compatable with t1 style mounts. The Primary Arms rep on TOS said they made several changes internally for increased durability and the older on was pretty durable to start with. Currently OOS, but replensished regularly http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...-base-md-rb-ad . Their is always the option of saving another few months and going with known quality of PRO/MRO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They're both just hobby grade sights so figure it's disposable anyway and pick whichever one looks cooler to you.

Feedback Score
    I agree with both of you as they are hobby grade sights. However this being a hobby grade AR I didn’t see the need of a aimpoint etc. thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’d get Vortex’s new red dot, I think it’s the Crossfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Do you want an absolute cowitness or lower 1/3? Most of the options include a mount, but height varies.

I haven't had any PA optic but of course they have a good reputation for the price. I have one of these Sig red dots, which I believe is made by Holosun and therefore similar to (but not the same as) the PA:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...dot-sight.html

That comes with an adjustable height mount for both absolute and lower 1/3 cowitness. In limited use I've been happy with all the basics: brightness, dot size, clarity etc.

The Vortex Crossfire mentioned above is not yet for sale but coming soon (I have one on preorder) and looks very promising. FYI though, the included mounts for it are either lower 1/3 cowitness or low, no absolute co-witness, and its battery life is not in the 50k hour range. On the plus side Vortex claims it's more rugged than the SPARC, which already had a good reputation for that, and the selling price is in the $130 range.

Any of these will probably serve fine for your purposes, and the warranties are similar.

Feedback Score
    IMHO if you are considering those two you probably should consider Holosun as well. You can stay close to your budget when some models are on sale.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honestly, I’ll be the bad guy here and tell you to save a little more and get an Aimpoint, the ACO is sub $400.

It’s says a 1 year battery life, mine has been on for 2 years with no dimming with the factory battery.

The dot is better than my T2, it’s an all around fine optic, from a company known for amazing optics.

Disclosure: I won my ACO from Aimpoint, I probably would have never bought it, but after getting it, it’s damn fine quality. If I needed I probably wouldn’t hesitate to buy a second ACO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    IMHO if you are considering those two you probably should consider Holosun as well. You can stay close to your budget when some models are on sale.
    I was thinking this too. Karl over on INRANGETV has beat on one for a while with good results. Almost tempts me to grab one to beat on, but then my inner operator chimes in and I go off looking at aimpoints and LPVOs.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Squeezing your budget just a tad, how about a good price on a Trijicon MRO?

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...t&groupid=9658

I'm not totally familiar with their quality compared to Aimpoint, but I would be willing to bet that for just a little more money this beats a hobby grade optic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast