Thread: T2 vs CompM5 dot crispness

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

T2 vs CompM5 dot crispness

I’m probably going to spend my income tax return money this year on one of these two optics. I have a mild astigmatism, so I’m interested in a RDS with the crispest dot possible. I’ve heard that the CompM4 and T2/H2 are crisper than the T1/H1 and PRO, and I saw someone on here post recently that the ACO had a crisper dot than a T2. I’m not interested in the ACO, but it seems as though Aimpoint dot quality improves with each new product.

Can anyone who has experience with the T2/H2 and CompM5 comment on dot clarity? Bonus points if you’ve used a magnifier with them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Since you have an astigmatism you may want to find a way to try them both out yourself. What looks better to other people may not look best to you and your specific eyes.

My buddy and I both have astigmatisms, my old Aimpoint Pro dot looked better to him than my MRO. The MRO dot looks better to me.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    My experience is with the T2. I find it to be a nice, crisp dot. Much better than the T1. Using a magnifier with the T2 did not distort the dot for me.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have a rather severe astigmatism, and the T2 and comp m5 look about the same to me. Through a magnifier they both have nice, crisp dots once I adjust the diopter.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    I have both, have never thought to directly compare them. From what I can tell both are very crisp and clear.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have both and my experience mirrors slippers' experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have both the Comp M5 on my gun and a T2 on my wife's. Neither one of us can tell the difference between the dots and we both have astigmatism.