Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used AR vs Build

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Used AR vs Build

Okay so typical ? But I'm trying to figure this out. I hace the option to get a DDm4v11lw for 900 cash and a pistol $400 trade value. The rifle comes stock with th exception if a cmc stage 2 trigger. I've had a m4v7 before so I know the quality is there.

That said, I've looked at building and it's come up towards what this rifle would be. Only thing majorly different would be the giessele mk18 rail and then most of my parts from Aero since I do get 10% off. To build the rifle I would need the upper blocks and block for lower. BCG would be aero and barrel would be a Hansen. I do know the DD barrels are supposedly pretty good and made in house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 07stuntin6r; 02-13-18 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd take DD over Aero.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    DD > Aero

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    DD > Aero
    Yeah I've had some aero parts when I was doing a 308 pretty nice parts actually.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post
    Yeah I've had some aero parts when I was doing a 308 pretty nice parts actually.

Wish someone locally was selling a BCM RECCE. I've had a soft spot for those as well.

Feedback Score
    Which one would provide you the most pleasure. The dd is ready to go and a good weapon. Would a build give you more satisfaction?

Personally I would go with the dd then any tweaks can can be made down the road.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver_back View Post
    Which one would provide you the most pleasure. The dd is ready to go and a good weapon. Would a build give you more satisfaction?

Personally I would go with the dd then any tweaks can can be made down the road.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Honestly can't say. I do know saying "I have a DD sounds cool" and matches my Oakley DD glasses I got from work good. Back in the day building was cheaper now it seems it is t as much unless you go all standard like mil spec trigger, fn barrel and colt or magpul handguard.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have several DD's and would choose the V11 at that price.

Feedback Score
    I had a DD. It was a fine rifle. I think (now) that the only advantage to building a rifle is that by doing so, you learn more about it. if you have one you previously built, get the DD.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post
    Only thing majorly different would be the giessele mk18 rail

Did Geissele pick up a MK18 contract that I missed?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast