Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What pound recoil spring do you run in your gun?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

What pound recoil spring do you run in your gun?

I shot my CRG the other day and the recoil felt more aggressive vs my other guns. When I rack the slide, it does feel a bit easier to rack, but not significant. I doubt I have much over 3,000 rounds but I don't keep round counts. I know I should but I don't.

What Lb do you run and and what are the ranges of weights ? Its been a while since I replaced one, last one was in my TRP, and thats been a while.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    18.5 pounds is standard for full-size guns
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Wolff 18 lbs chrome silicon spring in a 5 inch gun.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I do 17# recoil/19 #mainspring, or 18#recoil/23#mainspring and change the recoil spring every couple thousand.

Feedback Score
    Standard 5" 1911 is 16# recoil spring with 23# main spring. The main spring does more to slow the rearward travel of the slide than the recoil spring, which the primary purpose is return to battery. A small radius or flat bottom firing pin stop, will work better to slow the slide than a heavier spring.

By increasing recoil spring rate (poundage) you will make the slide dip more on follow up shots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I shot my CRG the other day and the recoil felt more aggressive vs my other guns. When I rack the slide, it does feel a bit easier to rack, but not significant. I doubt I have much over 3,000 rounds but I don't keep round counts. I know I should but I don't.

What Lb do you run and and what are the ranges of weights ? Its been a while since I replaced one, last one was in my TRP, and thats been a while.

PB
    I'm using a WC 17# flat wire in a full size 45 1911...It does require a different guide rod to go with the spring account the smaller diameter of the flat wire spring
    2kish rounds, no failures...benefit of the flat wire spring is mostly longevity
    Last edited by nightchief; 02-14-18 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    10lb Wolff progressive spring on 9mm STI Duty One.

Factory spring on Springfield MC Operator.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wolf 14 LB progressive in my CQB with my 170 PF ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    #15 Wilson flat wire with standard MS in my Colt .38 Super Auto. Seems to function with everything from minor to nearly major PF. Also using a Wilson shock buff.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    #15 Wilson flat wire with standard MS in my Colt .38 Super Auto. Seems to function with everything from minor to nearly major PF. Also using a Wilson shock buff.
    I run this setup with my Colt 38 Super, but i get malfs when I use a Wilson Shock Buff. The slide wants to lock back prematurely.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast