Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current assessment of FN Military Collector M16A4?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think you are probably right, caught me off guard didn't expect to see the fairer sex pushing SCAR 17's, but then who knows now days.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-18-18 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    FN's website is showing them as discontinued:

https://fnamerica.com/discontinued-products/
    That’s a shame but certainly explains why I got it for 829

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    With the almost bewildering variety of configurations, rails, accessories, barrels, optics, etc. available these days, I'm surprised that anyone buys the old-fashioned Plain Jane-style AR's any more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve thought a lot about that in contemplating this M16A4 project. It would be purely for sentimental purposes, and I probably wouldn’t shoot it all that often after putting a lot of money and work into it. I quickly swapped my issued one out for an M4 (which I also plan to clone) when I had the chance. The M16 was long, heavy, and I kind of foolishly added extra weight to it by tracking down a RAS for it just to put a VFG on it (I didn’t have a light or anything else besides an M68 at the time). However, I don’t have an example of any of the M16s that I carried or trained with over the years, and this was the first rifle I carried in a combat zone, so I’d like to have it in my collection.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    With the almost bewildering variety of configurations, rails, accessories, barrels, optics, etc. available these days, I'm surprised that anyone buys the old-fashioned Plain Jane-style AR's any more.
    Plain janes make good side chicks. Put out reliably, with little fuss, and cost a whole lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    I’ve thought a lot about that in contemplating this M16A4 project. It would be purely for sentimental purposes, and I probably wouldn’t shoot it all that often after putting a lot of money and work into it. I quickly swapped my issued one out for an M4 (which I also plan to clone) when I had the chance. The M16 was long, heavy, and I kind of foolishly added extra weight to it by tracking down a RAS for it just to put a VFG on it (I didn’t have a light or anything else besides an M68 at the time). However, I don’t have an example of any of the M16s that I carried or trained with over the years, and this was the first rifle I carried in a combat zone, so I’d like to have it in my collection.
    Exactly why I am considering one too. I was issued an A4 in Iraq then later an M4 for Afghanistan. Will probably end up with both eventually.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123