Thread: How are VEPR .308 AK's? Reliability, quality, etc

Feedback Score

How are VEPR .308 AK's? Reliability, quality, etc

Friend is offering me a Vepr .308 (Regular Wood furniture) with a Cobra RDS and some mags in a trade for some Armor and a bit of cash.
    I'm getting a wonderful deal on it. Deal is too good to pass up, but I don't know much about AKs or .308 VEPRs.
    How well do they run? They worth messing with?

Thanks
    Last edited by Wooohah; 02-14-18 at 12:52.
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    I would not pass up a great deal.

But...
    Side my side at the range years ago with a DPMS AR10,
    It is wanting compared to an AR10.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had one with a 16" barrel many years ago, when they could be had for much cheaper. It was always reliable, but high capacity mags were hard to find. Accuracy was not very good though, and despite being scoped it never achieved much better than 3 MOA.

It was sold and a 308 AR acquired. The AR was a little heavier but accuracy and ergonomics were much better.

I think they are solid guns just have to remember they are just a bigger AK which the resultant drawbacks.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I suppose I'm a little bit disappointed with the accuracy people are reporting, but Its a fantastic deal. I might be able to sell it and buy an AR-10 honestly
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooohah View Post
    Yeah I suppose I'm a little bit disappointed with the accuracy people are reporting, but Its a fantastic deal. I might be able to sell it and buy an AR-10 honestly
    What accuracy are you looking for?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There are 20rd aftermarket steel .308 magazines available.

http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-308-magazine-20-round/

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-14-18 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really they are not bad rifles and reasonably light/compact for a 308 rifle. Just not a precision weapon.

OT, I have to say though that although it isn't particularly more accurate and is actually a bit heavier, I really prefer the FAL for a non-AR 308 weapon (without stepping up to SCAR or Galil territory)

Feedback Score
    They are good to go. If the trade is in your favor I wouldn't think twice

Feedback Score
    I have one and love it. Get the full capacity mags that 7N6 has linked to above.