Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooting: Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida

Feedback Score
    March 14th

National 'Take Your Kids to the Range Day'
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    RUMOR CONTROL...

Anyone hearing that a few conservatives want to attach national reciprocity to any new background check bill???

OMG... If they did this... Sure, lets tighten up the checks a little and do national reciprocity... Hmmm... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    Do I really need to explain to your wife the difference between screwing and shooting???

By that logic, no one should be allowed to carry a gun. Even…, no, especially, the police!
    It's all about self-control.
    And I agree with her, if I can't trust you to keep your hands out of my underage daughters pants, I don't want you to get your hands on a gun.
    Sorry, but I believe that.
    If Teacher CC in a classroom, they need a psyc eval, s background check and some serious training on a recurring schedule.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A lot of what is discussed here is actually what needs to done and is "common sense". But this is not feel good, get votes type of solutions. The masses do not want to be told to quit doping up their kids and letting xbox babysit them, they don't want to hear that they have to be a parent and stop blaming everyone else for their kid's bad behavior, they don't want to believe that everyone is personally responsible for their own actions, they want the government bureaucrats to spoonfeed them feel good legislation and heartfelt speeches.
    Last edited by flenna; 02-19-18 at 18:20.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    It's all about self-control.
    And I agree with her, if I can't trust you to keep your hands out of my underage daughters pants, I don't want you to get your hands on a gun.
    Sorry, but I believe that.
    If Teacher CC in a classroom, they need a psyc eval, s background check and some serious training on a recurring schedule.
    I have a couple of questions. First off, do you have a CC license? If so, do you require yourself to go through the same criteria you posted? In my state, you have to meet some of your criteria to have a CC license. You have to pass a back ground check, and prove you have had firearms training. I can agree with those, but a psychiatric evaluation? Seriously?! I had enough psychology professors in college to help me figure out real fast that I was in a much better state of mind than they and most of the other students were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Even better solution, although all of this is just a bandaid for the real issue - harden the targets period. There are ways to harden the properties without even having to rebuild anything - a lot of it is using landscaping to funnel traffic to a central access point and putting cameras in places where the line of sight is blocked. Keeping up maintenance is another big one - they might notice things like holes in fences.

That would be a start. The gun control nonsense isn't going to work. Leftists know this, they're just hellbent on pushing an agenda instead of providing actual solutions. Oh absolutely.
    Yep, this is the only solution that is likely to be relatively successful.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I keep hearing references to this 19 YEAR OLD being a kid. Bullshit. When I was 19 I already had a year in the Army. In fact, in my avatar I was 19yo.

This f*****g freakazoid is an ADULT. He is a loser for sure, but he is an ADULT. So was that POS Lanza.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-19-18 at 18:52.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I keep hearing references to this 19 YEAR OLD being a kid. Bullshit. When I was 19 I already had a year in the Army. In fact, in my avatar I was 19yo.

This f*****g freakazoid is an ADULT. He is a loser for sure, but he is an ADULT. So was that POS Lanza.
    Absolutely! Preach on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    A lot of what is discussed here is actually what needs to done and is "common sense". But this is not feel good, get votes type of solutions. The masses do not want to be told to quit doping up their kids and letting xbox babysit them, they don't want to hear that they have to be a parent and stop blaming everyone else for their kid's bad behavior, they don't want to believe that everyone is personally responsible for their own actions, they want the government bureaucrats to spoonfeed them feel good legislation and heartfelt speeches.
    I think it’s an open question as to whether the average American can or will think rationally any more. Gods of the copybook maxims and all that.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    I think it’s an open question as to whether the average American can or will think rationally any more. Gods of the copybook maxims and all that.
    That's why I said that the RKBA is the "easiest" target; everything else requires EFFORT. To ban certain weapons sounds easy. Actually doing and enforcing it is another thing entirely. But who cares about repercussions down the road, right? It's all about feel-goods in the here and now.......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast