Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooting: Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Multiple school corps in my are are having to close tomorrow because of a number of threats that were made over the weekend. This shit is getting old..
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    My 18y.o. senior daughter just showed me this. She says there is no way she's walking out of school. Her attitude is pretty much the same as mine.. interdiction of troubled students whenever possible and better school security. She doesn't think any new laws are going to do a damn thing.
    Good for her. I --hope-- that others will also see the shallow reactionary aspect of this new movement. Unfortunately... now our youth will have to speak in opposition. Which never comes across well. It's hard enough for adults to be publicly pro gun.

Again... when Hollywood and the media throw money in this hat, it's not going to be pretty in Pleasantville USA.

I can't imagine the grief of a parent being a none gun person and having their child killed. The reality is the grief is the same across the board. The media will be certain we hear the plaintive wail of the children this time though. Again, they are only one election away from being able to vote.

For everyone that questioned Trump on the 2A, they will have their day now. I do not know of a single POTUS or potential POTUS that would not cave to this. I believe he will hold the line. What Congress will do is another story.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Multiple school corps in my are are having to close tomorrow because of a number of threats that were made over the weekend. This shit is getting old..
    They shut something down here tonight for tomorrow. A pep rally I think. Oddly it was in -the- most Red/Tea Party county in the Metro area.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/37533708/...l-not-credible

Ironically the home of Patrick Henry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Holy cow.... that's scary. What in the hell is happening to the minds of our youth. An honor student that wants to be the first female mass murderer. What exactly has to happen to a human to get there? Good for him for not turning a blind eye. That had / has to be a painful experience.
    I do think a lot anymore is the narcissism selfie youtube popularity driven idiocy that everyone wants to be famous somehow and have everyone friend me snapchat me etc..

I do think its going to get worse and worse as people seek out ways to be known

forgot where I watched a good video on the whole social media thing and what it does to the brain with dopamine or something ? forgot the exact but basically does become a massive addiction as we know it does

Feedback Score
    On the school walkout, when have kids ever wanted to stay in school? Getting them to walk out isn’t some great feat. How about getting them to show up early, stay late or do extra work- that might get my attention.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My point is that he was/is very likely a prohibited person.
    If I am correct, how would passing another law stop him?
    If your kid fails two grades, needs thirty visits by Law Enforcement to visit your house, is prohibited from carrying a backpack at school, how does he not pop a felony in all of that and fail a background check?
    I think you're of the opinion that it's difficult to get a DV charge. I dunno, I haven't any personal experience with that, but if he slipped through that many cracks, what's another law going to do?
    The guy is a nut, if it wasn't a gun, it would have been a knife, a bomb, arson or taking out a group of folks with a car.
    Generally crazy people don't worry about laws.until they lose their freedom. The answer would be lock them up.
    Where in any of that do you get “felony”?

I have no idea how hard it is to get a DV charge. I’m certain that it varies widely from cop to cop, circumstance to circumstance, but so what? My point was that even if he was a “prohibited person”, a) he could still get a gun and b) he could have used a variety of other methods to execute his grand plan.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    This father did the right thing, and so did the police. https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...vNU7cyA?full=1
    Uncle Joe would be proud "...A shotgun and ammunition were also recovered, and the teen had written about her plans to saw off the gun’s barrel."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    NICS denial would be a good place to start. Notification if he did try to buy a gun. Probably a good time to have a psych hold on him. For Christ sakes people run these things thru the real world before you throw up your hands. Oddly, that is the same thing that the gun grabbers are saying. Maybe that is a clue. Lots of states have UBGC. I know these are speed bumps, but we are dealing with crazy here, not criminals or terrorists looking for tools of the trade. These aren't high-performing problem solvers here.

Once again, gun guys look for a moon-shot, hail mary, all or nothing outcome. We aren't trying to win over the hard core gun grabbers, just to placate enough voters to not put the crazies in charge.

The system failed, the system should be fixed. I can tell you that if it comes down to the all or nothing endgame, we aren't going to like the results.
    Neither will they, so hopefully it won't go in that direction.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    How would I know that? I just know that, ultimately, there will be adverse action on "assault" rifles. I don't know what the aftermath will be. I suspect there will be a lot of noise, thousands of posts here, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments, a few skirmishes, things will quiet down, and life will go on.
    With millions of AR's still with their owners, just a little more on the "down low".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Your stoop to personal attack was inevitable. I’m out.
    Facts hurt. Think your positions through.

Bye.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast