Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooting: Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    When the day comes and they get their way, then what? What happens when there is mass civil disobedience from an unconstitutional law? Part of me looks forward to the egg that will be on their face if/when that day actually comes.
    How would I know that? I just know that, ultimately, there will be adverse action on "assault" rifles. I don't know what the aftermath will be. I suspect there will be a lot of noise, thousands of posts here, gnashing of teeth, rending of garments, a few skirmishes, things will quiet down, and life will go on.

Feedback Score
    maybe common since laws are common since about mental people threatening and potential problems nothing to do with guns but when someone makes threats that is not the same as well my neighbor has guns or I head this dude say this

when you say I am going to shoot up a school the fbi gets you investigate all arms taken etc.. and you go to funny farm for some serious evaluation

but the boston bombers we were told we have terrorists and nothing so yeah the FBI needs a overhaul big time

sadly I do think the left and those in political control like stuff like this happening cause they can grab more control

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Him having a gun is a problem. Getting the system to keep them out of hands like his and in my hands is all I care about.
    What are your suggestions? I'm not comfortable one bit with putting people on a no-buy list just because the cops visit your house. What's the minimum number of cop visits before you make the "list"?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Even if they made him a restricted person he could easily get a gun through private purchase. I don’t realistically see how the FBI could have prevented this through our current legal system.
    The same way potential shooters in Washtington and Maryland got dealt with.... someone found tangible proof of intent, called local LE and they actually DID their job...
    Ok, so yeah, maybe dumping these sort of folks in jail unilaterally isn't the perfect idea, *but* an immediate flag in the NICS database, AND continuing long term personal intervention (not meds) of some sort in those folks' life definitely wouldn't hurt...
    I'd hate to see this turn into a witch hunt where people intentionally ruin other peoples' lives by claiming they're gonna shoot up a school because people are pricks like that, BUT if there's proof- writing, videos, actions, - known background stuff that seems to be a common thread in many of these incidents- you gotta make a move...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 02-18-18 at 22:34.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This father did the right thing, and so did the police. https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...vNU7cyA?full=1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    So he gets a domestic violence charge (unlikely). How does that change the equation that ends with him committing mass murder?
    My point is that he was/is very likely a prohibited person.
    If I am correct, how would passing another law stop him?
    If your kid fails two grades, needs thirty visits by Law Enforcement to visit your house, is prohibited from carrying a backpack at school, how does he not pop a felony in all of that and fail a background check?
    I think you're of the opinion that it's difficult to get a DV charge. I dunno, I haven't any personal experience with that, but if he slipped through that many cracks, what's another law going to do?
    The guy is a nut, if it wasn't a gun, it would have been a knife, a bomb, arson or taking out a group of folks with a car.
    Generally crazy people don't worry about laws.until they lose their freedom. The answer would be lock them up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Move over #MeToo

There's a new kid in town. S/He's named New Voter and s/he has an uncle named MONEY.

http://www.newsweek.com/students-boy...un-laws-810144

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05c2bcacbbd85

Destroy the constitution or we quit! The Liberal indoctrination machine has the Rubicon in it's sights.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    This father did the right thing, and so did the police. https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...vNU7cyA?full=1
    Holy cow.... that's scary. What in the hell is happening to the minds of our youth. An honor student that wants to be the first female mass murderer. What exactly has to happen to a human to get there? Good for him for not turning a blind eye. That had / has to be a painful experience.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Move over #MeToo

There's a new kid in town. S/He's named New Voter and s/he has an uncle named MONEY.

http://www.newsweek.com/students-boy...un-laws-810144

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05c2bcacbbd85

Destroy the constitution or we quit! The Liberal indoctrination machine has the Rubicon in it's sights.
    My 18y.o. senior daughter just showed me this. She says there is no way she's walking out of school. Her attitude is pretty much the same as mine.. interdiction of troubled students whenever possible and better school security. She doesn't think any new laws are going to do a damn thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Holy cow.... that's scary. What in the hell is happening to the minds of our youth. An honor student that wants to be the first female mass murderer. What exactly has to happen to a human to get there? Good for him for not turning a blind eye. That had / has to be a painful experience.
    As a father of a couple similar aged daughters, that had to be a tough move. Something tells me that there might have been ongoing issues at home. Being an honor student isn't a character reference, some of the biggest shits in my daughter's class are honor students.

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast