Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooting: Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Sounds fishy.....

Anyone have more info on the "KillTheNRA" stuff? Almost seems like a false flag or provocative thing. Not saying that the sentiment isn't out there. In the videos here, the hatred for the NRA, who wasn't responsible at all, relative to the Sheriff, who screwed the pooch is literally insane.
    There was a professor who suggested, seriously, arming and training activists for a paramilitary attack on NRA headquarters.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Is Scott Israel the Sheriff whose guys screwed up and didn't press and charges and let this guy gets guns? If so, he's got some balls. Dana Loesch takes heat and that ass hat skates and doesn't take any heat?

I'm not one to think that these kids are actors, but that buzz cut chick is.... odd. Your classmates are killed, this is almost a memorial service, and you are on national TV- and she is really glib. She has better stage presence than most late night hosts after being on for months. She is smoother than Jimmy Fallon to this day. That's odd. Like hair on the back of your neck odd- you know that creepy feeling you get?

Loesch needs to switch from 'weapon' to 'firearm'. Weapon implies a certain role and activity, firearm means that it shoots bullets.

When people say weapon it makes me cringe because it implies an evil intent. You don't hunt with a firearm. It only is a weapon when someone threatens me.
    One student just came forward to say that the meeting he attended was scripted- CNN told him what to say.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ed-guards.html
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So apparently Rubio said he’s “reconsidering” his position on a “high capacity” magazine ban? If that’s true, he’s dead to me. How weak, thank God DJT is POTUS.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    So apparently Rubio said he’s “reconsidering” his position on a “high capacity” magazine ban? If that’s true, he’s dead to me. How weak, thank God DJT is POTUS.

Rubio said:

"I have traditionally not supported looking at magazine clip size and after this and some of the details I have learned about it, I am reconsidering that position and I'll tell you why," he said. "Because while it may not prevent an attack, it may save lives in an attack. ... I know there are, for example, handguns that have 17. So we'll have to get into that debate, but that is something I believe that we can reach a compromise (on) in this country, and that I'm willing to reconsider."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/polit...all/index.html

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Rubio said:

"I have traditionally not supported looking at magazine clip size and after this and some of the details I have learned about it, I am reconsidering that position and I'll tell you why," he said. "Because while it may not prevent an attack, it may save lives in an attack. ... I know there are, for example, handguns that have 17. So we'll have to get into that debate, but that is something I believe that we can reach a compromise (on) in this country, and that I'm willing to reconsider."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/polit...all/index.html
    What a putz, I’m going to have to write this guy a letter. I will also reconsider my vote for him when he runs for re-election. If he is that shakes on RKBA, he can kiss ever being POTUS good bye.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    There was a professor who suggested, seriously, arming and training activists for a paramilitary attack on NRA headquarters.
    I am starting to have a new understanding of the French Revolution. The irrational hate and vitriol coming from the left is amazing. You can discern the difference between the people struggling to deal with what happened and the vicious vectors who target the NRA, but for some reason have no animus towards people that actually were involved with the problem. The MSM, and by that I mean CNN, stoking and poking while dropping an semblance of objectivity is frightening.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think armed guards at every day care, grade school, middle school, high school etc across the country is the answer. There are hundreds of thousands of schools in this country all with MULTIPLE entrances. You'd have to monitor them all with WELL TRAINED and TRUSTED armed guards. Not feasible in my opinion. I'm partly basing my opinion on what I remember about our "armed guard" at my private catholic high school circa 1999. He was a fat, old, slow, partially retired hillbilly sheriff who had found his retirement job. He still carried a wheel gun on his rotund waist line. He rode around on a golf cart most of the day when the weather was nice outside, but he couldn't possibly have monitored every entrance into that school effectively. One day we were all evacuated from the school because he radioed into the nearest police station that he had been shot..officer down. Kids were jumping out of windows, running into each other in the halls, some were injured from the fury. Turns out Officer Jones was popped with a BB gun in the belly by some kids across the street. That's my vision of armed guards at school. He laid down after getting a bb gun welp and was not going to engage and assist students or try to stop an attacker had the situation been real.

I do not think I want armed teachers in schools either. Can anyone remember back to little ole frail Mrs. Miller? 11th grade chemistry teacher. Would you want her waving a firearm around during a real deal active shooter situation? I know I would not. In fact I can only think of a couple teachers/coaches I would have trusted with a gun back then. And I can almost guarantee you that over half of the staff at my school would have turned their noses up as they were anti-gun anyway.

I don't think the lefty liberal dems are after a gun grab. I gotta give them some credit here. They are smart enough to not come out and say it too. Who would they send? What branch of military or law enforcement? No matter who they should be smart enough not to want to go to armed houses and ask for their guns. There would be a war on this turf.

I wish there was a single answer. But more-so I wish these idiot kids would quit using the term "we need to change THE Law!" Oh yeah,,,,just exactly which law are you talking about? Please tell us, if it is just one law that would fix ALL this I would think that we as smart, country loving Americans would agree to implement the ONE law that would fix this.
    Last edited by matemike; 02-22-18 at 08:15.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dana Loesch is live on Facebook and laying some smackdown back on the CNN Townhall last night; she's speaking with CPAC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I don't think armed guards at every day care, grade school, middle school, high school etc across the country is the answer. There are hundreds of thousands of schools in this country all with MULTIPLE entrances. You'd have to monitor them all with WELL TRAINED and TRUSTED armed guards. Not feasible in my opinion. I'm partly basing my opinion on what I remember about our "armed guard" at my private catholic high school circa 1999. He was a fat, old, slow, partially retired hillbilly sheriff who had found his retirement job. He still carried a wheel gun on his rotund waist line. He rode around on a golf cart most of the day when the weather was nice outside, but he couldn't possibly have monitored every entrance into that school effectively. One day we were all evacuated from the school because he radioed into the nearest police station that he had been shot..officer down. Kids were jumping out of windows, running into each other in the halls, some were injured from the fury. Turns out Officer Jones was popped with a BB gun in the belly by some kids across the street. That's my vision of armed guards at school. He laid down after getting a bb gun welp and was not going to engage and assist students or try to stop an attacker had the situation been real.

I do not think I want armed teachers in schools either. Can anyone remember back to little ole frail Mrs. Miller? 11th grade chemistry teacher. Would you want her waving a firearm around during a real deal active shooter situation? I know I would not. In fact I can only think of a couple teachers/coaches I would have trusted with a gun back then. And I can almost guarantee you that over half of the staff at my school would have turned their noses up as they were anti-gun anyway.

I don't think the lefty liberal dems are after a gun grab. I gotta give them some credit here. They are smart enough to not come out and say it too. Who would they send? What branch of military or law enforcement? No matter who they should be smart enough not to want to go to armed houses and ask for their guns. There would be a war on this turf.

I wish there was a single answer. But more-so I wish these idiot kids would quit using the term "we need to change THE Law!" Oh yeah,,,,just exactly which law are you talking about? Please tell us, if it is just one law that would fix ALL this I would think that we as smart, country loving Americans would agree to implement the ONE law that would fix this.
    So we're back to this huh? So, I assume you support your right to have a CCW, but you don't support someone else's because they just happen to be a teacher in a school? This boys and girls is hypocrisy at its finest, and I honestly don't understand how some of you could sit there and spout it.

And, let's get realistic, odds are very much against frail 70 year old Mrs. Miller CCW'ing, but if she or any other law abiding citizen with a valid CCW wants to then it should be their right to carry anywhere they damn please! Gun free zones are the stupidest thing ever, and that's another false sense of security created by the libtards that we should be trying our damndest to destroy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Dana Loesch is live on Facebook and laying some smackdown back on the CNN Townhall last night; she's speaking with CPAC
    I'll give Wayne Lapierre credit where it's due, he's giving a hell of a speech at CPAC too. They should have done this last week IMHO, but his speech is spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast