Thread: Anyone used a Maxim Defense CQB PDW brace for a while?

Feedback Score

Anyone used a Maxim Defense CQB PDW brace for a while?

I grabbed a PSA lower with it for my 300BO pistol.
    I also have a carbine 16 inch 300 BO.

This is a fantastic brace is my first impression using it.
    At least from one range trip and for ARs.

I have seen some pretty slick folding braces on other platforms.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I have the one that looks just like the Maxim (the SBPDW) on a 300BLK pistol. It's on a BCM 9" upper and the OAL is a tiny 25" collapsed. I've been doing handling drills and practicing deploying the brace in and out. I'm a southpaw so it works well for me as the release button is on the left side. I can have my palm on the brace portion and extend my index finger forward (like making a "pistol" with your finger) to work the button as I slide it in and out.

Bottom line? I like it. The SBPDW isn't quite as expensive as the Maxim. The buffer tube is longer so you can use a standard carbine spring and buffer, nothing special required.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why the big difference in price between the two?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I was wrong. I thought the SBPDW was the same as the maxim defense but with their brace.
    The fine print says they designed it in conjunction with maxim defense.

Shipped from PSA assembled on their lower with and enhanced/polished LBK was 350.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Why the big difference in price between the two?
    The Maxim brace includes either a proprietary buffer and spring or a special shorter version of the JP silent captured spring, depending on which you prefer and are willing to pay for. The SB kit is sold without either the buffer or spring. It looks like the main body of the Maxim version also requires more machining time, as it includes two QD sling mounts that aren't part of the SB version.

I've had the SBPDW brace installed on a 9" 300 blackout pistol since last spring and I really like it.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 02-15-18 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the SBPDW and I really haven't had any negative things to say about it. Though It is heavier than a regular stock. But I do like the fact that it takes regular buffers/springs. Also with time you can just give a sharp tug to the brace and it will extend without having to depress the release button. And it locks up solidly.
    I imagine the Maxim PDW to be lighter. The machining and the JP silent spring are the main differences I see.
    I wonder if I ever SBR the lower can I just swap the brace with the aluminum Maxim PDW stock? Assuming I won't be able to collapse it down to the OAL of the shorter Maxim PDW tube?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocalsocal; 02-15-18 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have the maxim defense brace and have had it for a while. I really like it and thing it is worth the extra cash. The QD mounts and the shorter OAL sold me. I have the buffer/spring combo and it works with my 300 blk 8" upper and my PWS 7.75" upper. Both run flawlessly. The PWS MK107 MOD 1 shoots so smooth and recoil free. Feels like a pellet gun. With the stock clasped it is 23 inches with a PWS CQB break mounted.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have the SB version. I really like it for the most part. Gets really cold when it's cold out!