Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building A Glock Clone

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Building A Glock Clone

I’m getting ready to start a Glock clone build. It won’t be for serious use, just something fun to shoot. It will be a long-slide 10mm. I have a barrel from Alpha Wolf and a slide from Lone Wolf coming already, I’m waiting patiently for them to release their new large frames. Has anyone else done a build like this before? Any tips, tricks and things to look out for will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Good equipment is no substitute for good training.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are you going with a fully built LW frame, or looking for try your hand at the 80%s?

The new Polymer80s are really really simple. An small drill press, a file, and some sand paper goes a long way in just an hour or two.

Their V2 has a drop in steel rail block now, so no more cutting the rails perfectly out of the polymer.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Lone Wolf is releasing an updated version of their frame, which will include a large frame option for .45ACP and 10mm. I planned on buying a stripped large frame from them once they become available. I was told it would be a few months in an email so I figured I’d get started on the slide in the meantime.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why can't it be for serious use? If it works and proves over time that it's reliable, there's no reason to treat it as a range toy only. I've built three polymer 80 frames to replace my glock frames and have been just shooting those. I've had factory guns that weren't as reliable as these 'clone' builds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m not against it if it proves to be reliable, but I’ll have to test it first. This is my first time building a Glock clone so I’ll be more concerned with proper assembly in the beginning.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    Lone Wolf is releasing an updated version of their frame, which will include a large frame option for .45ACP and 10mm. I planned on buying a stripped large frame from them once they become available. I was told it would be a few months in an email so I figured I’d get started on the slide in the meantime.
    Cool, cool.

At least you have sellability out of a full frame like that.

Sounds cool, I do echo MM above though; LWD have been deemed pretty dang reliable. Same as the P80s as long as they're 20%'ed the rest of the way well, I am sure they will serve you quite well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have no reason to believe that it won’t be reliable if properly assembled, nor am I against putting it in a hard-use role. I think it would be interesting running it in a pistol class.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was just saying, don't discount a 'home build' from serious use just because it's a home build. Evaluate it like any other weapon; regardless of origin.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I was just saying, don't discount a 'home build' from serious use just because it's a home build. Evaluate it like any other weapon; regardless of origin.
    Absolutely. I just don’t want to jump ahead of myself, esoecially with this being my first pistol build.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Slide and barrel were ordered and delivered. Turns out I ordered the wrong barrel. I emailed Lone Wolf about trading in the barrel and also had some technical questions. It took six days to get a reply regarding the return and no answers to my question. I’m returning the barrel and the slide will be the last Lone Wolf part used for the build based on their terrible
    customer service.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast