Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle for baby boy due in June

Feedback Score
    Wait till he is six and give him (Supervised of course) a Ruger 10/22.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just buy yourself a new AR instead of the guise of it sitting in a closet for a baby for 10 years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Just buy yourself a new AR instead of the guise of it sitting in a closet for a baby for 10 years.
    Yep... I bought more guns "for the kids" over the last 20 years than I can count..... I just had to test fire them... a lot.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 02-18-18 at 02:07.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would take 1k and invest it for him, add 50-100 a month without fail. He will shoot what you have and enjoy them if interested. As he ages and holds an interest, he will have what's current and allowable from what you hand down. If you are buying anything now, a compact lightweight .22 bolt and red dot to start, bipod to start. Ask me how I know this.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having kids is crazy expensive, spend as little as possible on guns now. I would parrot the .22 bolt suggestion, as well as pick up a stripped lower so that you are guaranteed a foundation to build upon down the road.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm bumping my own thread.

My son turns one this Saturday. I've been back and forth on buying him an AR on his first birthday kind of like my OP says.

I only own one AR, my Sionics with PST II, so I have no plans to let my son have it until he buries me.
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 08-09-19 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Sh!t or get off the pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 9 month old has both the 6920 OEM 1 and OEM 2 waiting for him when he gets older.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I only own one AR, my Sionics with PST II, so I have no plans to let my son have it until he buries me.
    Definitely need more ARs. I’ll be somewhat content once I have a quality primary and secondary AR for everyone in my house. Right now I’ve got quality primaries, but only so-so secondaries. But I’m glad you brought this up, my wife suggested I buy a gun for my daughter when she was born a few months ago. I keep going back and forth on what it’d be (practical handgun vs .22 or PCC mostly) but an AR makes perfect sense for all the reasons you stated. The only problem is that I’d rather buy one that I want and give her my old one, instead of buying something practical like a factory Colt or BCM and keeping it in the box. I don’t know how you psychopaths do that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Buy him what your father bought you, start a tradition!

Congrats on the son and best of luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast