Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns you love more than you should

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    SKB/Ithaca 600 20ga O/U - I've had it almost 20 years now and love this little 20ga. I just bought a Benelli Ethos 28ga and it's a sweet little shotgun.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Star Firestar M45

I first owned one back about 1990 - while it weighed a ton, it was one of the earliest "pocket .45's." And for some reason, I was always accurate with it!

They're ugly, heavy, clunky, and Star hasn't built ANYTHING, since they went out of business in 1997. I'd sold all mine by 1994, as I recall - but decided I wanted another as a truck gun in 2007. All mine had been Starvel finish, but I got this blued one off a local gunboard for around $250, and I've had it ever since.

I went shooting with it last week, for the first time in forever (I shoot my 1911's and AR's a LOT more)... it still feels GREAT in the hand, & I'm still more accurate with it, than my new RIA truck gun replacement! And if I ever come across another one in Starvel, I'll buy it too.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I love my XDm .40.. it is custom gun accurate (my example) and has been incredibly reliable for me. I'm at the point that I don't give a shit what the rest of the internet thinks about it.
    Ditto with my XDm 3.8C 9MM. Carries like a G26 with 13+1 capacity, sits on my daughter's nightstand with 19+1 extended magazine. 100% stock except for Ameriglo Hackathorn sights. Trigger is better than any of my Glock's, which have polished internals and 4.5 connectors. Accuracy is excellent and never a hiccup in 3000 rounds. Sweet ergo's. I swear, if it didn't have a grip safety (which isn't a big deal for me), it would be the gun folks talk about as a challenger to the Glock line. I also think the fact they have that base XD line also hurts it's appeal to some degree.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mosin Nagant, I just love these rifles...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Bren Ten. I love it for its place in history and its rarity. Great trigger, ergos, and wonderfully accurate. However, plagued with bad magazines, my early example has Allen screws for rear sight adjustment that come loose and now I don't dare shoot it for fear of an exploding slide. So it's a safe queen now. Perhaps deservedly so.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 02-16-18 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    I had a beautiful 922(r) compliant Maadi AKM that I loved. Except for the lack of a slant brake it was 100% Red Dawn. I wouldn't even fire the thing. After many years of admiring it I decided it wasn't doing me any good in the safe and I sold it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Star Firestar M45

I first owned one back about 1990 - while it weighed a ton, it was one of the earliest "pocket .45's." And for some reason, I was always accurate with it!

They're ugly, heavy, clunky, and Star hasn't built ANYTHING, since they went out of business in 1997. I'd sold all mine by 1994, as I recall - but decided I wanted another as a truck gun in 2007. All mine had been Starvel finish, but I got this blued one off a local gunboard for around $250, and I've had it ever since.

I went shooting with it last week, for the first time in forever (I shoot my 1911's and AR's a LOT more)... it still feels GREAT in the hand, & I'm still more accurate with it, than my new RIA truck gun replacement! And if I ever come across another one in Starvel, I'll buy it too.
    I had one of those dissembled in my gun tool box..in a ziploc. My 12 y.o. son discovered it and pestered me to allow him to put it back together. He found an exploded parts diagram online and went to work. There's a couple springs that are tricky, but he got it back together. I gave it to him when he turned 18. That little gun is a ton of fun to shoot for a small .45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of my favorite guns to shoot is my Ruger Security Six 1.75" .357 Magnum.

It's a brick in the hand, yes- but it's accurate as hell and so much fun to shoot. Pretty well balanced for how beefy it is.

I had a trigger job done to it and it breaks at 2# SA 5# DA. Handles the recoil of full magnum loads like a champ.

After 10's of thousands of magnum rounds, the lock up is solid and the rifling/bore is like new. Almost zero flame cuttting, and I shoot full mag loads 90% of the time.

I've tried several other flavors of .357 mag wheel gun including some S&W performance center customs and none of them are as fun or accurate as the old Security Six is.

It was my first wheel gun; got it from a very close friend who passed away and it has a special place in my heart.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 02-16-18 at 11:17.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    One of my favorite guns to shoot is my Ruger Security Six 1.75" .357 Magnum.

It's a brick in the hand, yes- but it's accurate as hell and so much fun to shoot. Pretty well balanced for how beefy it is.

I had a trigger job done to it and it breaks at 2# SA 5# DA. Handles the recoil of full magnum loads like a champ.

I've tried several other flavors of .357 mag wheel gun including some S&W performance center customs and none of them are as fun or accurate as the old Security Six is.
    I wish Ruger still made the Security Six and Service Six. I hate the GP100 with its abbreviated grip frame.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast