Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns you love more than you should

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I wish Ruger still made the Security Six and Service Six. I hate the GP100 with its abbreviated grip frame.
    I hear ya. The grip angle is awkward as well. My FIL has a GP100 and it's rough to shoot with full mag loads. After a box of 50 my wrist is feeling it.

I'm always on the lookout for another Security Six in near new condition. I'd love a few more to pass down to my children so they can pass down to their children.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I had one of those dissembled in my gun tool box..in a ziploc. My 12 y.o. son discovered it and pestered me to allow him to put it back together. He found an exploded parts diagram online and went to work. There's a couple springs that are tricky, but he got it back together. I gave it to him when he turned 18. That little gun is a ton of fun to shoot for a small .45.
    We've got one of these in the family. It's "like new" except we've put a couple hundred rounds through it. Has worked perfectly, even with hydrashoks, gold dots, and hst's.

Trigger pull is a little heavy, gun is heavy for carry, but otherwise it shoots fine! It really does feel nice in the hand! They obviously spent some effort getting that right.

It can be left "condition 2" because it has s firing pin safety. ( confirmed with examination)
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-16-18 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Star Firestar M45

I first owned one back about 1990 - while it weighed a ton, it was one of the earliest "pocket .45's." And for some reason, I was always accurate with it!

They're ugly, heavy, clunky, and Star hasn't built ANYTHING, since they went out of business in 1997. I'd sold all mine by 1994, as I recall - but decided I wanted another as a truck gun in 2007. All mine had been Starvel finish, but I got this blued one off a local gunboard for around $250, and I've had it ever since.

I went shooting with it last week, for the first time in forever (I shoot my 1911's and AR's a LOT more)... it still feels GREAT in the hand, & I'm still more accurate with it, than my new RIA truck gun replacement! And if I ever come across another one in Starvel, I'll buy it too.
    I had a Starvel Firestar .40. It was the only .40 I've ever owned or shot that I actually liked. Traded it straight across for a PPK/S, which I never gelled with.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I don’t really love any of my guns anymore than I should but I probably love my suppressors more than I should. Man those things are just the best, I don’t even want to shoot guns unless I have a can for them anymore. Probably a good thing for my wallet it’s such a pain to get more or my safe would be full of them.

Feedback Score
    Tie between my three Krinkov's and my two HK MP5's. I like really compact firearms for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Some of these examples are actually really nice guns.

I had originally meant more along the lines of stuff without great floorings, collectibility, or reputations,
    Like the Star BKM that was your first SA pistol and you still love it, or that off brand gun, or gun you love like your 1993 BM Car-15 that is supposed to suck but you like.

But these are all interesting answers none the less.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess for me it would be my Swiss model 1871 Vetterli... made by SIG and it predates SIG USA, so you know its good lol
    Conversion to centerfire was easy, brass is tedious to make and Im still tinkering with the loads but Its alot of fun and most people get a kick out of it. Watching the lifter huck the brass out the top of the action puts a big smile on my face. 12+1 capacity and in 1871 we were issuing single shot trap doors. Brass is made from 8mm lebel, bullets are .44cal .430" with a light smokeless powder . At this point its avg 4-5" groups with lots more potential when I get serious about getting the load dialed in. Way more fun than all the work should be sorry for the partial pic, its a long sucker Id have to be 20ft away to get it all in.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 02-16-18 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My HK P30L. The trigger sucks, had to get the reset fixed, it's bigger than it should be by a ton, the stock capacity is laughable compared to other handguns, it recoils harder than necessary.

The grip is brilliant, it looks badass, and I love it way more than I should.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I love these as much as ARs that cost 4-5 times as much and that just has to be wrong.

Cheap Rossi lever ‘92 .38/.357 I bought new with action job from a cowboy action smith. Smoooth trigger and a lever you can operate with one finger. Mild recoil with magnums and ridiculously soft with 38s.

Cheap Winchester 62A .22 pump from a local seller via Gunbroker who thought listing one shadowy photo was sufficient. Good pics would have brought double my solo bid. Love it mostly for the memories it evokes circa 1960 at the carnival.

And finally, also cheap H&R Model 999 top-break .22 Webley clone. It looks great, is accurate and delights everyone at the range when you pop out nine cases at once. Yes, it’s fragile and common, so I mention that to onlookers to downplay the pitter-patter I still feel just fondling it.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Some of these examples are actually really nice guns.

I had originally meant more along the lines of stuff without great floorings, collectibility, or reputations,
    Like the Star BKM that was your first SA pistol and you still love it, or that off brand gun, or gun you love like your 1993 BM Car-15 that is supposed to suck but you like.

But these are all interesting answers none the less.
    I have a BM Carbon 15 I took in on trade for hauling a backhoe. That stupid little rifle is actually a hoot to carry and shoot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast