Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Stuff You Want a Manufacturer to Offer

Feedback Score

Gun Stuff You Want a Manufacturer to Offer

I emailed Trijicon asking for a generous eye-relief ACOG type optic that can substitute for a battery-powered RDS. I asked it to have a simple reticle, be tritium and fiber optic powered (i.e., NO batteries required), and have at least the eye relief of their most eye-friendly optic the TA33.

(I noticed they made the TA45 but for some reason this optic is incredibly hard to find. Midway USA lists it as a "one time" run).

So what's on your list?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Long slide G26

LED TA33
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I emailed Trijicon asking for a generous eye-relief ACOG type optic that can substitute for a battery-powered RDS. I asked it to have a simple reticle, be tritium and fiber optic powered (i.e., NO batteries required), and have at least the eye relief of their most eye-friendly optic the TA33.

(I noticed they made the TA45 but for some reason this optic is incredibly hard to find. Midway USA lists it as a "one time" run).

So what's on your list?
    https://www.amazon.com/Acog-Scope-Il.../dp/B0038JCL20

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...scope_red.html - listed as "special order" 6-10 weeks

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijic...5-c-400157.htm

Feedback Score
    phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I did not find that third one when I was doing my search. I'd prefer a simple red dot or horseshoe (maybe a chevron?), but a red crosshair might be okay.

Still not quite what I'm looking for but I may bite.

EDITED TO ADD: Nah, it's still not a "red dot." I want a tritium and fiber optic MRO / ACOG clone to put it simply.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 02-16-18 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A prism sight (ACOG or whatever) that uses both fiber-optic and battery-LED for illumination, so you can have a bright reticle in daylight regardless of batteries, and have nighttime illumination at whatever brightness you want without the clock ticking on your tritium fill.

A variable, conventional scope 1-6x or 2-10x with the same dual illumination system.

An ACOG TA-11 or similar with a mil-scale reticle instead of a BDC, so I don't have to marry the $1k+ optic to one specific cartridge.

Trijicon, Browe, are you listening?

The entire .308-class AR industry to standardize on one, single dimensional standard that makes sense, and start having .308 ARs be mix-and-match like you can with AR-15s.

A Glock-compatible handgun with a serialized (the legal gun) steel chassis frame, non-serialized polymer grip modules, and everything else mix-and-match, and actually engineered and tested to work in all conditions. (Replacing OEM Glock parts with metal of the same dimension doesn't always turn out well.)

Feedback Score
    I wish Ruger would go back to making full grip frame .357 revolvers like the Security Six and Service Six.

I just can't love the abbreviated grip frame of the GP100.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A Colt Diamondback.

Barrels with proper spec’d or under spec’d gas ports for SBRs. Thank you Sionics, but I also need a 10.3 FSB.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A propperly built and speced Magpul Masada in the price range that it was originally supposed to be.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    KAC CQB MOD 1 upper - currently discontinued

Civilian version Heckler & Koch G36c

Civilian version Heckler & Koch MP7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast