Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite pocket multi tool

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Favorite pocket multi tool

I like to try various small multi tool type gizmos. Most are worthless, some do come in handy in a pinch.

I have become very fond of the of the Victorinox Swisscard Lite Pocket Tool:

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Prod...ite/p/0.7300.T

So much so I have two. They will fit in a wallet, but I tend to drop one in shirt pocket, front pant pocket, etc. Swiss Army has more experience in fitting useful stuff in small places than anyone, and pretty much invented the multi-tool. Everything in it works, and it stuff you actually use, like a pen, a light, etc. Those times where I'm short on space, that, some cash, and credit cards is great. Only flimsy part of it is the blade, but used as intended (opening letters, boxes, etc) it works find. I tad more robust, full tang in the little plastic handle, and it could handle larger jobs like cutting rope and such, but that's what you're folder is for

A friend just sent me this 20 in 1 tool he likes alot, but I have not had time to use it. These types of mini multi tools usually clip on a key chain and such. This one does get high marks from people and seems very well made and thought out:

https://www.trueutility.com/multi-to...20-tools-in-1/

Any favorites I should know about?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I like the Leatherman Squirt. There are two models- one with scissors and one with pliers. I prefer the pliers since there is still the knife blade for cutting. I also like my old Kick model, sadly discontinued. It’s more comfortable on a belt but small enough to slide into a pocket if need be- similar to the original Leatherman tool. I also have a few small Gerber tools (the models escape me), but prefer the Leatherman models for their functionality and size.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The older Leatherman Wave, and SwissTool Spirit X are my favourite multi-tools.

Feedback Score
    SwissTool Spirit XC Plus Ratchet
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet. —Quintus Dias

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The older Leatherman Wave, and SwissTool Spirit X are my favourite multi-tools.
    Yes, the older Leatherman Wave is my favorite. Luckily, I have 4 of them. Different kits were set up at one time.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a bunch of older Gerber Multipliers. I haven't used much of anything else for comparison, but I love the older Gerbers. Not too keen on a lot of their newer models.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Leather man Wave.
    I must have ten different models, to include Gerber's, but the Wave got it right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Leatherman Skeletool as my daily carry pocket tool at work. Perfect size for the pocket & just the right tools.

I also have a MUT and Signal that I occasionally carry, depending on what I’m doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Leather man Wave.
    I must have ten different models, to include Gerber's, but the Wave got it right.
    I agree.

Gerbers always had the nasty habit of pinching when using the pliers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast