Thread: Gemtech BCG

Feedback Score

Gemtech BCG

Is anyone using one & feels it’s doing something a adjustable gasblock doesn’t accomplish?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like mine. Running it in a BCM 11.5” upper. Have 1100ish rounds through it and 3-400 suppressed. No issues and does what it’s designed to. Would buy again for a gun that sees both suppressed and unsupressed use

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Thank you—i’m Pretty sure I read most of all of these and other on-line reviews.

I was hopeful enough time & experience would give a more definite answer. Most of these are yes, no or maybe.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    To answer your question - If you are building a rifle to be suppressed all the time you would be better off with a adjustable gas block. If you have mixed use gun it works very well. I have run mine in a number of classes so no issue on durability (I run a BCM bolt). My BCM 11.5 gun is very smooth shooting with the SBCG and an A5. If you have specific questions that have not been answered in the threads Guns posted above feel free to PM me.

Feedback Score
    Well, all I know is that I was having all kinds of extraction issues with my 11" 5.56 sbr and my 8.25 300blk sbr when running supers with a suppressor.
    I bought the Gemtech suppressor bolt carrier on a whim, and both of them run like Swiss watches now when the bolt carrier is in the "suppressed" position, and, without the suppressor, in the "unsuppressed" position.
    So, I am a happy camper right now.

Feedback Score
    I’m waiting on Gemtech—I ordered one after starting this thread & that still haven’t shipped. I called them yesterday to be told: hmmmm, not sure, but i’ll Look into it...

Who’s running Gemtech? Wasn’t it sold?

Feedback Score
    Looking into buying one of these carriers now as I don’t want to go back and forth adjusting a gas block.

Parent company to S&W bought Gemtech, I assume that they thought the HPA would pass and they would start cranking out silencers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious79 View Post
    Looking into buying one of these carriers now as I don’t want to go back and forth adjusting a gas block.

Parent company to S&W bought Gemtech, I assume that they thought the HPA would pass and they would start cranking out silencers.
    I like the Bootleg over the Gemtech. It has more adjust-ability than the Gemtech and can be adjusted while still in the gun.