Thread: Glock gen 5 and gen 4 question.

Feedback Score

Glock gen 5 and gen 4 question.

Can you use a glock 19 gen 5 barrel in a gen 4 glock 19 and use a gen 4 barrel in a gen 5 glock 19? Any reliability issues in doing so?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Can you use a glock 19 gen 5 barrel in a gen 4 glock 19 and use a gen 4 barrel in a gen 5 glock 19? Any reliability issues in doing so?
    I took the Glock Armorers Course this past summer. The only parts you can swap between the Gen 5 and Gen 4 pistols are the trigger group and magazines. The locking blocks on the barrels are different sizes.
    Last edited by TexHill; 02-18-18 at 17:09.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You can. The Gen 5s all have the same lug as a G19 Gen3/4 so you can actually put a G17 Gen 5 barrel in a Glock 19 Gen 5 now.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    You can. The Gen 5s all have the same lug as a G19 Gen3/4 so you can actually put a G17 Gen 5 barrel in a Glock 19 Gen 5 now.
    Agreed. I've done it and it works.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson