Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Here is the latest build that I put together. Goal was to be a shorter Recce build with a mini suppressor that would shoot at our current property range of 700 yards. I wanted to center this build off the Centurion Recce barrel and went with the 14.5 length. The Centurion barrels are the best in the biz in my opinion and couldn't think of a better out of the box barrel for this build. I also have the latest CMR rail that hasn't hit the street yet. Few differences and this is the newest 13.7 rail length. Not sure what they are even calling it yet officially, but Monty/Corrie were nice enough to send one out. I shot this rifle yesterday for the first time, and it is a no joke .6 MOA gun. With Black Hills MK262 mod 1, Hornady 75gr, and CBC Mk262 mod 1 clones. The best 200 yard 5 round group (dialing .5 mils) I had was also right at 1.2 inches for that .6moa that I saw at 100. The CBC was the fastest out of the three at 2720 +/- FPS. Not bad for a 14.5. I went with the Mk6 3-18 frankly because of the mag range and weight. I know a 2.5-10 would probably be fine, or even a 1-8. But I like top end magnification and went with it. Parts list is below. Like it or hate it, I'm all ears.

Lower:

LMT SBR Lower
    Geissele SD-C Trigger
    Bad Ambi with crank/thin levers
    A5 system with A5H3 and sprinco green
    Magpul SL-S stock
    Magpul Grip

Upper:

Centurion Arms 14.5 Recce Barrel
    Centurion Arms Gas block. Barrel and block have index slot and pinned on the top.
    Centurion Arms C4 BCG
    Surefire Muzzle Brake
    Vltor MUR1A Upper
    KAC CH
    Leupold mk6 3-18 H58
    Geissele MK6 Mount
    KAC bubble level
    KAC Offset sights
    KAC Bi-pod
    Norah Handstop (modified to work with the rail)

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 02-18-18 at 18:32.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Very slick set up.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Very nice. I've got the 18.5 SPR and 16" Recce barrels from Centurion and they are absolute lasers.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Exceptionally nice.

I find it interesting that the 'standard' (original) CMR rail system not only soldiers-on, but continues to be improved in the age of Keymod and MLok. I have a CMR MLok and like it very much. Monty and Corrie are exceptionally nice people.

Nicely done!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Very nicely done

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Very nice. I've got the 18.5 SPR and 16" Recce barrels from Centurion and they are absolute lasers.
    I think Monty knows what's up. His 12.5 barrels are really the only properly ported ones out there without going to a chop down build.

I've shot his Mk12 barrels and they are crazy good shooters. Nothing different here with the 14.5 Recce.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Exceptionally nice.

I find it interesting that the 'standard' (original) CMR rail system not only soldiers-on, but continues to be improved in the age of Keymod and MLok. I have a CMR MLok and like it very much. Monty and Corrie are exceptionally nice people.

Nicely done!

-Rainman
    I agree here. Must be some demand to still charge on with the original CMR. They also sent me the new CMR 11 that I put on a 12.5 build. These are some of my favorite rails so I'm not complaining. That build I'll be posting up shortly.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 02-18-18 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Attention to detail is incredible. Index slot on the barrel is well executed.

Also surprised that they are still offering the original CMR. Apparently there is demand.

Look forward to seeing your 12.5" build. Are those barrels still available from Centurion?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post

Look forward to seeing your 12.5" build. Are those barrels still available from Centurion?
    I asked a few weeks ago about them; Corrie advised there were no plans to do more 12.5" barrels...

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I asked a few weeks ago about them; Corrie advised there were no plans to do more 12.5" barrels...
    This is correct. Took me about 3 months to source 2 new 12.5 barrels from private parties.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Very cool, thanks for taking the time to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    This is correct. Took me about 3 months to source 2 new 12.5 barrels from private parties.
    I'll still be looking forward to seeing the 12.5 you put together. It is unfortunate they won't be offering those barrels going forward.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast