Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Clever idea. One of those "how come nobody thought if this sooner?" ideas.

Feedback Score
    Very nice rifle, and seems to be a shooter. Glad you are enjoying it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    [u

So it's been shooting well... Did a video of the difference between the surefire mini, RC and SPS 300. Went out to 600 today. Hit after hit. Super fun. Gun barley moves. Couldn't be happier.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    [u

So it's been shooting well... Did a video of the difference between the surefire mini, RC and SPS 300. Went out to 600 today. Hit after hit. Super fun. Gun barley moves. Couldn't be happier.
    Runs like a top.

Which gas setup did you end up with?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Runs like a top.

Which gas setup did you end up with?
    I used the .067 port insert. Running an A5H3 and green the rifle would lock back on empty about 80 percent of the time. With the A5H2 / green it would every time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Curious JW, all of the cans seemed to work well; do you have a preference?

Again, congrats on a beautiful and well thought out shooter.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Curious JW, all of the cans seemed to work well; do you have a preference?

Again, congrats on a beautiful and well thought out shooter.

-Rainman

The mini. They all work well on this gun, but the mini makes it easier to handle / doesn't feel like a nose heavy pig. The gun is heavy as it is, but the mini makes it at least maneuverable. You can hear more of a pop with the mini, and it is the loudest of the 3, but works really well on 14.5 guns. I dont know how to describe it but it just has a different tone. The RC would win on noise and also flash. I have shot them all at night and the RC does the overall best there from what I have seen on this gun. The 300 SPS sounds about the same as the RC, but is also longer, heavier and I don't see any gain. I didn't notice a difference of blow back between the 3 on this gun. All 3 cans shot the same POA/POI and that surprised me. The SPS did better on the 308 bolt gun when comparing 5 suppressors that I did a video on last week.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-02-18 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Took out the Recce today and shot 700. Once I got the wind figured out I kept getting consecutive hits on the 700 plate. Dialing 5.4 mils of elevation. (here at 7k feet about) and 1 mil of wind. First chance at 700 with this gun and I'm continuing to be impressed. From 100-700 I'm confident with this rifle now. I would say the wind is really the deciding factor on hits at that distance. I would be gauging the wind and would go from .5 to 1 mil of wind which would dictate hits or not. Once the wind was stable, 1mil would do it every time. Think I had 7 hits in a row right at the end of shooting today.

Targets shown here are 3,4,5,700 yards.
    IMG_20180602_112122.jpg
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-02-18 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Took out the Recce today and shot 700. Once I got the wind figured out I kept getting consecutive hits on the 700 plate. Dialing 5.4 mils of elevation. (here at 7k feet about) and 1 mil of wind. First chance at 700 with this gun and I'm continuing to be impressed. From 100-700 I'm confident with this rifle now. I would say the wind is really the deciding factor on hits at that distance. I would be gauging the wind and would go from .5 to 1 mil of wind which would dictate hits or not. Once the wind was stable, 1mil would do it every time. Think I had 7 hits in a row right at the end of shooting today.

Targets shown here are 3,4,5,700 yards.
    IMG_20180602_112122.jpg
    That’s some good shootin’ pardner! I’m really impressed with your Centurion, and meh I gueeeeeess you can shoot ok too.

I’ve got one 14.5 barrel left, 416R SS in .223 Wylde that been giving me the itch to build something out. I need to find a long-gun range or the land. Even on my backup range I’m only about to get around 250yd. So what’s next for the Recce??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    That’s some good shootin’ pardner! I’m really impressed with your Centurion, and meh I gueeeeeess you can shoot ok too.

I’ve got one 14.5 barrel left, 416R SS in .223 Wylde that been giving me the itch to build something out. I need to find a long-gun range or the land. Even on my backup range I’m only about to get around 250yd. So what’s next for the Recce??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks RTT! I'm happy with it for sure. No plans right now for it other then just shooting it some more. Sounds like you need to build that 14.5 barrel out soon! I don't think you will be disappointed by a 14.5 Recce type build. I was slightly hesitant at first, but I'm all in now. No regrets.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast