Thread: Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very nice.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice!
    Last edited by Airhasz; 02-20-18 at 09:19.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    This is correct. Took me about 3 months to source 2 new 12.5 barrels from private parties.
    You’re making me regret my decision...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    You’re making me regret my decision...

You can come down and shoot the 12.5s any time you would like! Don't know if that makes it any better but I appreciate you selling me one. It's in a good home!
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    You can come down and shoot the 12.5s any time you would like! Don't know if that makes it any better but I appreciate you selling me one. It's in a good home!
    Haha, deal. Let me know if you get sick of one too .

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My 12.5 centurion barrel I have is my absolute favorite gun to shoot suppressed. How is the recce barrel ported? Minimal blowback in the face? Seriously looking at one of these recce barrels for my next build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    My 12.5 centurion barrel I have is my absolute favorite gun to shoot suppressed. How is the recce barrel ported? Minimal blowback in the face? Seriously looking at one of these recce barrels for my next build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The Recce is a little heavier gassed then I would like. .079 if I remember correctly. I don't notice any gas to face in the 60 rounds of Mk262 rounds I have put through it with Surefire mini. And a slow pace of fire. I am using a sprinco green and A5H3 and I am able to stay on target to see my hits at 500 on a 10 inch plate with the scope on 12or so mag. If I wasn't going to keep the Centurion GB with the index slot, I would be using a gas block insert with a smaller port.

This thing just shoots though. 4 different shooters at 500 yards. Dialing 3.1 mils for the conditions of the day, and no one missed the 10" plate even once. We had about .5 mil of wind and was grouping 3-5 in a row within a few inches on the gong. Some we're touching. Pending the shooter, we were seeing under 1inch groups.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-04-18 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The Recce is a little heavier gassed then I would like. .079 if I remember correctly. I don't notice any gas to face in the 60 rounds of Mk262 rounds I have put through it with Surefire mini. And a slow pace of fire. I am using a sprinco green and A5H3 and I am able to stay on target to see my hits at 500 on a 10 inch plate with the scope on 12or so mag. If I wasn't going to keep the Centurion GB with the index slot, I would be using a gas block insert with a smaller port.

This thing just shoots though. 4 different shooters at 500 yards. Dialing 3.1 mils for the conditions of the day, and no one missed the 10" plate even once. We had about .5 mil of wind and was grouping 3-5 in a row within a few inches on the gong. Some we're touching. Pending the shooter, we were seeing under 1inch groups.
    Damn, thats a little disappointing since their 12.5in barrels are so well ported. Even suppressed with my rc2 my 12.5 is one of the softest shooters ive ever used or shot. Was hoping this barrel would be similarly ported for a ML barrel. Glad you like it. Still might end up grabbing one and maybe putting a BRT ported gas block on it.

Feedback Score
    Tagged for later

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Damn, thats a little disappointing since their 12.5in barrels are so well ported. Even suppressed with my rc2 my 12.5 is one of the softest shooters ive ever used or shot. Was hoping this barrel would be similarly ported for a ML barrel. Glad you like it. Still might end up grabbing one and maybe putting a BRT ported gas block on it.
    Yes, this is what I would recommend personally. It is for sure not the optimal port size for a 14.5 mid gas.

I agree on the 12.5. Have a few and also shoot them with Surefire mini and full-size cans and are the best, short of small port chop down builds..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-05-18 at 06:54.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast