Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Another solid as a rock build amigo. The GB index slot is at the top of the GB - is that on their newer barrels or specific barrels? Do you think clearance is an issue with other GB's? (Like SLR) That's just a solid build. An besides being ridiculously accurate it looks fantastic. Well done!

But.....don't you need to update your parts list???
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 03-06-18 at 05:57.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Damn, I like that!! Great build.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Another solid as a rock build amigo. The GB index slot is at the top of the GB - is that on their newer barrels or specific barrels? Do you think clearance is an issue with other GB's? (Like SLR) That's just a solid build. An besides being ridiculously accurate it looks fantastic. Well done!

But.....don't you need to update your parts list???
    I believe it's on the Mk12 and Recce barrels only. The SLR low profile should work. Same with the Hodge. Maybe some others. Not sure what's out these days that are super low pro.

Parts list that changed...

Geissele SR25 SOPMOD MK6 mount went away and replaced with a Geissele Standard 34mm extended mount. This enabled me to put the rear KAC clamp on sight behind the scope mount instead of the front. The SR25 mount has a larger base platform and when using the bubble level, it does not leave enough room for the offset iron.

I am giving the Larue MBT trigger a go. The Geissele SD-C and E triggers are my go to on each rifle I own so I was reluctant to put one on there. Being highly recommended to me I decided to spend the 99 bucks and give one a go for myself. Having only less then one mag through the rifle with the trigger, my opinion is still very limited, but it does feel great and have a smooth, crisp break like the SD-E does. Feels a little lighter then the SD-C that was just on there. Trigger face is wide and feels good.

Thanks for the compliments. I'll have to go sight it back in again this weekend with the scope mount change, but I'm not complaining as it's another good excited to shoot! Going to try to shoot and sight in my BUIS at distance also. Should be a challenge and lots of fun. I don't shoot much with BUIS more then 200. 600 should be interesting.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    The GB index slot is at the top of the GB - is that on their newer barrels or specific barrels?
    I have an older Centurion 16" RECCE Upper and the GB is pinned normally with no index slot on the top so it would be only on the newer barrels.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    The Recce is a little heavier gassed then I would like. .079 if I remember correctly. I don't notice any gas to face in the 60 rounds of Mk262 rounds I have put through it with Surefire mini. And a slow pace of fire. I am using a sprinco green and A5H3 and I am able to stay on target to see my hits at 500 on a 10 inch plate with the scope on 12or so mag. If I wasn't going to keep the Centurion GB with the index slot, I would be using a gas block insert with a smaller port.
    The existing gas block can be modified to accept a port.

No need to replace the block.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The existing gas block can be modified to accept a port.

No need to replace the block.
    Clint,

Yea... I just didn't want to really deal with it on this Gas block yet as I wanted to give it a go without modifying the block just yet until I got some time behind it. I've really only had 2 mags through it.

If you want to send me a .067 port for it I would put it in! I had my tap and die set ready to roll with a .0625 port insert I made up, but didn't want to tap the block and assemble and have it be to small to run the buffer spring combo of my liking. Didn't have any more inserts on hand to drill out a slightly bigger size.

Hope your doing well up there after the move.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Here is the latest build that I put together. Goal was to be a shorter Recce build with a mini suppressor that would shoot at our current property range of 700 yards. I wanted to center this build off the Centurion Recce barrel and went with the 14.5 length. The Centurion barrels are the best in the biz in my opinion and couldn't think of a better out of the box barrel for this build. I also have the latest CMR rail that hasn't hit the street yet. Few differences and this is the newest 13.7 rail length. Not sure what they are even calling it yet officially, but Monty/Corrie were nice enough to send one out. I shot this rifle yesterday for the first time, and it is a no joke .6 MOA gun. With Black Hills MK262 mod 1, Hornady 75gr, and CBC Mk262 mod 1 clones. The best 200 yard 5 round group (dialing .5 mils) I had was also right at 1.2 inches for that .6moa that I saw at 100. The CBC was the fastest out of the three at 2720 +/- FPS. Not bad for a 14.5. I went with the Mk6 3-18 frankly because of the mag range and weight. I know a 2.5-10 would probably be fine, or even a 1-8. But I like top end magnification and went with it. Parts list is below. Like it or hate it, I'm all ears.
    Very nice build. Would be curious to see how it does with BH 5.56 TMK loads or markm's TMK/SMK loads.

The Centurion barrels always deliver very high velocity numbers.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Clint,

Yea... I just didn't want to really deal with it on this Gas block yet as I wanted to give it a go without modifying the block just yet until I got some time behind it. I've really only had 2 mags through it.

If you want to send me a .067 port for it I would put it in! I had my tap and die set ready to roll with a .0625 port insert I made up, but didn't want to tap the block and assemble and have it be to small to run the buffer spring combo of my liking. Didn't have any more inserts on hand to drill out a slightly bigger size.

Hope your doing well up there after the move.
    Thanks Jake.

We're settled in and doing well, but everything is a project when moving...

We've got a prototype adjustable gas tube that should work well on this build.

It just drops right in with no mods required.

Let me know if you want to give it a try.
    Last edited by Clint; 03-27-18 at 12:54.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We've got a prototype adjustable gas tube
    I would buy this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score