Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Centurion 14.5 Recce Build with Surefire Mini

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Thanks RTT! I'm happy with it for sure. No plans right now for it other then just shooting it some more. Sounds like you need to build that 14.5 barrel out soon! I don't think you will be disappointed by a 14.5 Recce type build. I was slightly hesitant at first, but I'm all in now. No regrets.
    Just FYI, if I talk about a 14.5 "Recce", I get fussed at. Just sayin'. But I see your usage of the word "type" and so I think you can skate by using that word.

Also, were you running the mini or bareback?

I have most of the pieces. I just need to get an AAC 51T brake, and a good rail, ahem, HAND GUARD, for the 14.5... I have some leftovers from my SPR. SSA-E, and a Noveske lower and upper I can use for the receiver set. And I'll need to get some BUIS. Used all mine up. Maybe I shouldn't have sold the last couple of sets.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 06-05-18 at 17:04.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Just FYI, if I talk about a 14.5 "Recce", I get fussed at. Just sayin'. But I see your usage of the word "type" and so I think you can skate by using that word.

Also, were you running the mini or bareback?

I have most of the pieces. I just need to get an AAC 51T brake, and a good rail, ahem, HAND GUARD, for the 14.5... I have some leftovers from my SPR. SSA-E, and a Noveske lower and upper I can use for the receiver set. And I'll need to get some BUIS. Used all mine up. Maybe I shouldn't have sold the last couple of sets.
    I only call the barrel a RECCE as Centurion defines it as such. To me a RECCE is just an accurized barrel with magnified optic. Usually in the 16 inch form. But what the heck, 14.5 RECCE "type" seems to fit the bill of the definition.

Sounds like your ready to roll!!
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I only call the barrel a RECCE as Centurion defines it as such. To me a RECCE is just an accurized barrel with magnified optic. Usually in the 16 inch form. But what the heck, 14.5 RECCE "type" seems to fit the bill of the definition.

Sounds like your ready to roll!!
    Well, I doubt I'll write Monty and fuss at him about it. You know being a firearm manufacturing SEAL and all. Reckon he's authorized. Like I said, I don't do the fussing, I just get fussed at. lol
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I asked a few weeks ago about them; Corrie advised there were no plans to do more 12.5" barrels...
    A bit of a necro, but Corrie just informed me via email that they are hoping to have some 12.5" and 10.3" barrels in within the next 8 weeks. Not sure which one I'll pick up...
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    A bit of a necro, but Corrie just informed me via email that they are hoping to have some 12.5" and 10.3" barrels in within the next 8 weeks. Not sure which one I'll pick up...
    Hopefully the 12.5 is the same port size and they didn't open it up.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Haha. I dont think anyone in this thread will fault you when you bring new like this. Definitely going to grab both.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Awesome news!

How would the accuracy of Centurions 12.5” CL compare to Noveske 12.5” CL? Need to replace the barrel on my 12.5 “mini-RECCE” and debating which route to go.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not to derail the necro too much, but how does the Centurion 12.5” porting compare with BCM? My Kino is a pretty soft shooter.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Centurion 12.5 with 1-8 NF. 100yds, 10 shot group, prone with magpod. I'd say it's very accurate. It has a small gas port. Somewhere around .062ish. Very nice shooter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast