Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centurion CMR or BCM KMR-A?

Feedback Score

Centurion CMR or BCM KMR-A?

Of course either can be had in M-Lok also, but I'm talking about the handguards themselves. Which would you choose for a build? Which has a sturdier mounting system? Which is sturdier overall?

I have a couple KMR-A's and like them, but don't have any experience with the Centurion CMR.

One thing I do like about the KMR is you can just about completely cover the surface with snap-in rail panels so there is no skin-to-metal contact. My brother has a Colt Trooper and by looking at it I don't think it is possible to cover the entire surface, i.e. there would be gaps.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    KMR is my favorite!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Trooper and a few KMRs. I don't expect either one to be more robust than the other.

I really like the additional KeyMod surfaces of the KMR.

I put Centurion's rail covers on the Trooper, and it gives full coverage, with cut-outs for the ventilation holes.....a really nice, though larger diameter, design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I have a Trooper and a few KMRs. I don't expect either one to be more robust than the other.

I really like the additional KeyMod surfaces of the KMR.

I put Centurion's rail covers on the Trooper, and it gives full coverage, with cut-outs for the ventilation holes.....a really nice, though larger diameter, design.
    I'll have to take a look at their website.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stickman posted a photo, but it's buried in the Colt thread. If their site doesn't include an off angle photo, I can take one.

Feedback Score
    Stickman posted a photo, but it's buried in the Colt thread. If their site doesn't include an off angle photo, I can take one.
    Yeah, just got done looking at Centurion's website. I think I like the way BCM's panels lay much more flat, and with a negligible increase in diameter. Smoother too, not "pebbly". My brother bought the Gen2 Magpul covers for his Trooper and said it does fill the hand out a good deal more.

The KMR-A (or M-Lok version) is about $45 cheaper too.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't heated up the Trooper much yet, but I'm sure the thicker Centurion panels are more effective.

I use BCM's KMR covers, and like them a lot.

Feedback Score
    I haven't heated up the Trooper much yet, but I'm sure the thicker Centurion panels are more effective.

I use BCM's KMR covers, and like them a lot.
    I saw a video a while back (Mr. Guns-and-Gear perhaps?) where he tested the temp of the BCM covers after a couple of mag dumps. It was a negligible increase in degrees, so I gather they work pretty well.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I saw a video a while back (Mr. Guns-and-Gear perhaps?) where he tested the temp of the BCM covers after a couple of mag dumps. It was a negligible increase in degrees, so I gather they work pretty well.
    Without saying what the temp of the rail was, that info doesn't seem helpful. A quick few mags dumped shouldn't heat up much, but 5 or 10 minutes later the heat should have sunk in nicely and then things start to matter.

Just another way to look at things. I have both rails and enjoy each. When it comes to what cover does best for knocking around and heat protection or grip, it is very difficult to beat the CA covers. Yes, they are thicker, and I can see where that would matter to some people, especially those with tiny hands.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Stick, between the two rails which would you say would stand up better to hard use and/or abuse?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast