Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady 300BLK 190gr Sub-X in Gel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I have a good number of factory loaded Hornady 110gr GMX. Bought it as it supposedly has less copper fouling that the Barnes bullet. I've posted on here before to see if anyone knew how they performed but no one did. If that 190gr sub load works like it does above I'll bet the supersonic 110gr does too.
    Here's some info. Check the "gelatins" tab.

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ri...110-gr-gmx-tap
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Thanks.

I'll assume, like the load you called about, that the bullet is the same whether it's TAP or the "hunting" round (which I have). i.e. they're both the same GMX bullet.

Not to sidetrack from your thread but what do you think about that gel performance of the 110gr? I have a 9" barrel BCM upper so muzzle velocity should be around 2100fps (16" is advertised as 2350). That terminal performance is at least in the ballpark of the Barnes 110gr copper round from what I can tell.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-25-18 at 17:43.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12