View Poll Results: Which Would You Choose

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • A1 stock

34 72.34%
  • MOE stock

13 27.66%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Would You Choose? (New Build Question)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Which Would You Choose? (New Build Question)

I didn't really want to start a new thread for this but I didn't know what thread I could post it in, so here it is.

I'm gathering parts for a retro inspired build. (When I say inspired, I don't mean an exact clone in any way) It'll have an A2 upper, 20" barrel and a fixed stock, but the stock is where my hang up is. I'm wanting to use a Magpul SL handguard (because I like them) but I can't decide if I should put a standard A1 stock or a Magpul MOE rifle stock on it. So that's where I'm asking for opinions.

1. With A1 stock would look similar to this:

2. With MOE stock would look similar to this:

Feedback Score
    A1 stock.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The MOE rifle stock is the same length as the A2 stock. So... A1.

And a 1/7 A1-contour barrel.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I might have just come to realize that Magpul doesn't make an SL handguard in rifle length. I couldn't find a pic of one on Google so I just checked their website and they don't have one listed. That's a real bummer.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    They also don’t make the SL for triangular handguard caps.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The MOE rifle stock is the same length as the A2 stock. So... A1.
    Really? Their website says this:
    "FEATURES

Mounts to rifle-length receiver extension tube without A2 spacer (not included)"

I'm really wanting an A1 length stock.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I might have just come to realize that Magpul doesn't make an SL handguard in rifle length. I couldn't find a pic of one on Google so I just checked their website and they don't have one listed. That's a real bummer.
    There is that, too. The MOE SL requires a round handguard cap and while there are some manufacturers who do mid-length guns with round and some with triangular, nobody AFAIK does a round handguard cap on a rifle-length gun. So you'll either have to do a standard MOE or go mid-length.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    They also don’t make the SL for triangular handguard caps.
    I've already found that out! BA will install a round cap for me if I request it. I already checked on that.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Really? Their website says this:
    "FEATURES

Mounts to rifle-length receiver extension tube without A2 spacer (not included)"

I'm really wanting an A1 length stock.
    Yes. Fulton lists LOP for A1 stocks at 12-7/8", A2 stocks at 13-1/2", and Magpul lists the MOE rifle stock at "~13.5"".

I also recall at one point someone here or on another forum asked Magpul about it and they were told outright that it's the same length as an A2. It just doesn't need the spacer.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Yes. Fulton lists LOP for A1 stocks at 12-7/8", A2 stocks at 13-1/2", and Magpul lists the MOE rifle stock at "~13.5"".

I also recall at one point someone here or on another forum asked Magpul about it and they were told outright that it's the same length as an A2. It just doesn't need the spacer.
    Thanks for that.

Well hell! I think my whole vision for this build is shot! LOL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast