Range bag:

Sharpies
    Allen wrenches
    jewelers screwdrivers
    spare batteries for everything (especially AA’s for the chronograph
    Extra staples
    Range rod
    Foam ear plugs
    10-round magazine for zeroing, load development, etc.

I always have a multi tool and folding knife on me.

I’m toying with the idea of a large Pelican case to keep in the truck bed for large items such as tripods, bipods, front rest, rear bag, spotting scope, etc.- bigger items that I forgotten in the past and ruined a trip.
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 02-19-18 at 23:24. Reason: ETA

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    i keep a set of cheapie CLEAR eye protection and dead/non electronic earmuffs with plugs in the trunk of every car. Takes up little room, but can be useful at times. a single glock/AR mag would be helpful too
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 02-20-18 at 05:35.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In my range bag I carry the following tools which can be used to strip my AR, Glock's, or 1911 out in the desert.

compact AR cleaning kit (chamber brush, rods)
    front sight tool
    multi tool w bolt scraper
    2mm allen driver for gas block
    oil
    rag
    latex gloves
    GI toothbrush
    H buffer, H2 buffer
    car recoil spring
    gas rings
    extractor spring/o-ring

I will eventually buy a complete AR bolt to throw in my pack, and one of those tacticool CR123 battery holders that attach to Molle for my surefire lights. still need a waterproof way to carry a few AA batteries.

also carry a BCM hat I got for free with an upper years ago just incase I need a hat, few sets of foam ear plugs, a G17 mag with 115gr ball, a USGI 30rnd mag with xm193, and a 2 liter hydration bladder.
    Last edited by Grip; 02-20-18 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    In my range bag I carry the following tools which can be used to strip my AR, Glock's, or 1911 out in the desert.

compact AR cleaning kit (chamber brush, rods)
    front sight tool
    multi tool w bolt scraper
    2mm allen driver for gas block
    oil
    rag
    latex gloves
    GI toothbrush
    H buffer, H2 buffer
    car recoil spring
    gas rings
    extractor spring/o-ring

I will eventually buy a complete AR bolt to throw in my pack, and one of those tacticool CR123 battery holders that attach to Molle for my surefire lights. still need a waterproof way to carry a few AA batteries.

also carry a BCM hat I got for free with an upper years ago just incase I need a hat, few sets of foam ear plugs, a G17 mag with 115gr ball, a USGI 30rnd mag with xm193, and a 2 liter hydration bladder.
    THYRM CELLVAULT for your batteries my friend.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have pared down quite a bit. I finally decided I go to the range to shoot, not armorer. If something breaks, I'll shoot something else and fix it at home.

My range bag has - stapler and staples in one outside pocket; a 150 foot tape and smaller tape measure in the other outside pocket. My shot timer, round count/practice log notebooks, pens and TQ in the end pocket, the other end pocket generally has 'good' boxes of, ammo in it (versus practice ammo).

The other side of my range bag is the 'standard' large compartment. I have a small Brownells Magna Tip Screwdriver set, dental picks (removing .22 FTE's), an M16 cleaning rod, slip 2000, several front sight adjustment tools, a ziplock of lens cleaner packets, a couple of red cloths, a can of breakclean, a small crescent, a medium double ended plastic/rubber header mallet, paint pins, cleaning tothbrush. a complete set of ball end allen wrenches (HF) in metric and SAE and a Rogers Squeege gun cleaning kit plus his bore solvent. I cna tighten things up, adjust sights, clear an FTE, etc. Beyond that I'm either shooting something else or going home to fix it.

The interior compartment has a small tupperware container, with batteries for muffs, hearing aides (LOL) and shot timer as well as roll up foamie era plugs, my ear pro, the hardcase for my shooting glasses, my gloves, sunblock and insect spray, and the pistolever's - I carry them is these, I have about a dozen - https://www.lapolicegear.com/moc-dip...stol-case.html.

I generally throw 4 five gallon buckets in the bed of the truck. One bucket has fresh cans of black and white paint as well as the partially used cans I'm working on, a can of spray adhesive, a tupperware container of large binder clips, a tupperware container of black and buff pasters plus big adhesive dots for repairing black and tan action pistol bullseyes, I generally have 4 large plastic gluing clamps in case I need to clamp a target to a 2x4. I go to a local print shop and have them print different zero targets onto heavy paper, these lay against the sides of the bucket.

Two of the buckets contain a couple of harbor freight painter's tarps and a couple of blue roof rat plastic tarps, plus tent stakes for the blue tarps. I use the canvas painters tarps almost exclusively for .223/5.56 because those cases are hot enough they stick to the blue tarps. This makes it a lot easier to police brass when I'm doing barricade work or practicing a specific stage. I shot at a range in the sand hills, I hate to pick up brass out of sugar sand and goats head stickers.

The last bucket is for my 100 round boxes of pistol reloads and a couple of 6 magazine pouches holding my loaded pistol mags for whatever pistol I'm shooting. I have a bunch of these - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...e-stack-pistol and my range sweat rags.

The rifles, range bag, shooting belts, and 50 cal ammo can with rifle mags, go on the back seat of the truck. My shooting mat lives under the rear seat where it also kind of protects my truck gun. My cardboard targets and lathe strips, go in the crossover bed box, my wooden target bases get randomly thrown in the bed. If I'm shooting my metal, I hitch up the small cargo trailer and tow it behind the truck.

I'm pretty much a slop dick, but hard knocks taught me that taking a little bit of time to organize saves time in the end.

Once I get rolling, my goal is to spend a couple hours each day, shooting 200 rounds or so a trip. I probably aver 3 to 4 times a week - I do have to ride my motorcycles
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-20-18 at 16:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12