Thread: OEM2 bolt markings

Feedback Score

OEM2 bolt markings

The bolt itself is marked MPC, which IIRC is one of the markings Colt uses. The extractor is marked underneath with a CE. Does that indicate a Colt Expanse extractor? If so would they be made the same as the regular Colt 6920 extractor? I know the Expanse was sub'd out but were the bolts?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My understanding from every Colt Armorer course is that if a weapon is marked as a 6920, it retains all of the qualities of a 6920. It may carry other features like furniture, but it will still be internally a 6920.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I can’t answer your question but my LE6960 I bought in December of 2016 has the CE marked extractor.

A more recent complete Colt SOCOM upper I bought through Grant at G&R has a T marked extractor. Grant advises the Colt SOCOM uppers he sells are basically made to order and custom built at the Colt factory by Colt armorers.

Based on what Grant said in the Brownells Clone thread, Colt only sources parts for their LE line that are made to the TDP, so I would guess the CE would be good to go. For all we know the CE means Colt Extractor.

I have over 1500 rounds on my SOCOM upper and BCG without one hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an OEM1 bought right after the election. The BCG appeared to have all the markings that it was supposed to (MPC-marked bolt, C marked extractor and C on the left side of the carrier.) The one thing I noticed it was missing from previous BCGs I have examined was the white paint dot on the bottom of the bolt.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by squid8286 View Post
    I have an OEM1 bought right after the election. The BCG appeared to have all the markings that it was supposed to (MPC-marked bolt, C marked extractor and C on the left side of the carrier.) The one thing I noticed it was missing from previous BCGs I have examined was the white paint dot on the bottom of the bolt.
    And an oem1 I bought about a year ago had all of the C marks plus the white dot. Go figure

Feedback Score
    There was no white dot. The carrier itself was "C" marked.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    There was no white dot. The carrier itself was "C" marked.
    I think you are GTG. I was worried about mine when I first examined it closely, but after asking basically the same question(s) you are, I figured it was OK. I almost went so far as to replace the BCG it came with with another new one I had that had the white dot on it, but then I realized I was being way too OCD, and just took the damn thing and started shooting it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by squid8286 View Post
    I think you are GTG. I was worried about mine when I first examined it closely, but after asking basically the same question(s) you are, I figured it was OK. I almost went so far as to replace the BCG it came with with another new one I had that had the white dot on it, but then I realized I was being way too OCD, and just took the damn thing and started shooting it.
    Amen. Colt stopped marking the carriers with a "C," but I cannot remember the last time I heard of a carrier failing. Maybe a bad gas key, but even then, quite rare with most BCGs.

Feedback Score
    I have an OEM1 and LE6920 and both are marked CE on the extractor, carrier had a faint "C", no white dot, MPC marked. Of course i cannot recall the source now, but i was concerned when i first got them and did an immense amount of research and discovered that they are not from the Expanse (again, hearsay on my part since i cannot recall, but it allayed my fears of receiving a lesser product). If i figure out where i found that info then i will post.

Feedback Score
    I forgot, but the extractor on my OEM 1 was "C" marked.