Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics Planet no longer selling Mags greater than 10rd

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I have had issues with OpticPlanet in the past

ETA: My bad experience at opticsplanet was buying a rail. I price matched a UTG 2 piece drop in fsp cutout quad rail.

Before I even got the package, I had one charge for 70 and another for 96 dollars. The stock cost of he rail. When I called them, to ask why, they explained they accidentaly shipped out two in my box, so they "had to charge me for it". When I explained to them that it sounds more like they hoped I would just buy two and that they charged me more for the accidental one. They then offered me 10 percent off for it to keep it. Uhhhh, hello, 9 dollars off 96 is not 70. No, I want a shipping label. To which they finally emailed me to ship back.

Felt like I was being conned before I even opened the box.
    This kind of thing has never happened to me, but order from G&R, BCM, Rainier, etc

What’s $26 to you? If people weren’t such misers these guys wouldn’t get away with such bs.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-20-18 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    OP is only a reseller, not a manufacturer, though.
    I am aware, I should have said warehouse space.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Gary, Indiana would be a Free State at negligible additional commute-time...
    Um, have you ever been to Gary?? I don't think that would be a wise choice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This kind of thing has never happened to me, but order from G&R, BCM, Rainier, etc

What’s $26 to you? If people weren’t such misers these guys wouldn’t get away with such bs.
    I know what your point is, but sadly, 26 bucks is a lot to me.

I don't know about most, but when I do shop for items, I spend some time researching. I like getting the lowest price for goods. Through this method, I tend to support a wide variety of businesses.

I do know that what you pay for is what you get, and that usually shortcomings in cost transcend in to customer service.

But, when 26 bucks is half my phone bill, I will do what I gotta. Along with that: research, I try very hard to not make any mistakes in ordering, double-triple check, read the return policies.

Overall, while I felt like I was being conned, I did get over it. I know, overall, some person between 16-26 probably packed the box and got a little dyslexic with the sheet. The auditor caught it was shocked and sent out a quick rebill without reviewing the record. The Customer service person was trying to be kind and offered to sell me the item at a discount and didn't check to see if it was less than what I paid for the first item.

Could it have been avoided by going to another seller? Probably, but overall, beyond 15 minutes of my time using the chat function on their website, printing the label, and slapping it in the mailbox; I never lost out on anything.

Had I had to pay for shipping, out of my pocket, to avoid a 96 dollar charge. Never again. But, alas, they fixed it.

Still a bad experience, but one I have looked past and got my APL for significantly less than others would sell it for. Free shipping as well, which seems to become less and less.

Overall though, I don't mean this to be combative, or rude, but, yeah; I am a.. Miser. Pennyhoarder, frugal, etc.

Any monies I can put into ammo instead of paying extra on the same item elsewhere, is a win in my book.

ETA: On that topic, it's not like I don't support BCM or the other reliables. I have a blem upper on it's way to start out a 7.62x39 build I have imagined for a range plinker project. Price wise too, that's pretty fair after researching compared to some of the other uppers available currently.

I also want to add that I have had the pleasure of working with many decent companies, a lot of great companies, some bad companies, some horrible companies, but also a few select amazing ones too; companies I probably wouldn't give second thought to otherwise if it wasn't for their pricing.

ETA: I noticed, hours later, I said I called them. I should have said reached out to them since it was all done via chat.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-20-18 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those that are interested they also own Dvor, & I will withhold my opinion<-like anyone gives a shit )for the time being.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    They should move out of Illinois just like LMT did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I deleted the thread. No, I don't even know if they were a site sponsor, and it would not have changed my decision to do so either way.

At the time, it looked like there was conflicting info - some folks said they were selling standard capacity mags, and some folks said they were not.

Also, the single source cited has a track record that is less than stellar. Given that people tend to refer to M4C fairly often, I moved the thread out of view until more substantial info developed. Remember that "contact the vendor first" policy?

No giant mystery, no big conspiracy by that wretched SeriousStudent.

And I still don't know if Optics Planet is a sponsor. Anybody know if they are?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I doubt they are a sponsor, their lawyers err on the side of communists.

Last year, they stopped shipping AR uppers to California if they had flash hiders on them. They failed cite any laws directly (because there are none), but said it was because of the recent bullet button ban. Well, a flash hider is a 'feature' of an 'assault weapon' much the same as a pistol grip and collapsable stock are, but they have no problems selling those in California. We can use ALL of those features on a legally compliant rifle. Flash hiders aren't banned. But Optics Planet banned them.

I stopped shopping there years ago, mostly because they can't get their inventory straight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    I doubt they are a sponsor, their lawyers err on the side of communists.

Last year, they stopped shipping AR uppers to California if they had flash hiders on them. They failed cite any laws directly (because there are none), but said it was because of the recent bullet button ban. Well, a flash hider is a 'feature' of an 'assault weapon' much the same as a pistol grip and collapsable stock are, but they have no problems selling those in California. We can use ALL of those features on a legally compliant rifle. Flash hiders aren't banned. But Optics Planet banned them.

I stopped shopping there years ago, mostly because they can't get their inventory straight.
    There’s a lot of companies that won’t ship to CA, rather than go through a lawsuit in a state where they make up their own rules every time the wind blows they joined the others that won’t to business in the state.

Is CA not a state that has featureless rifles and registered Assault rifles? Can anybody outside Ca make sense of all that garbage? That’s not their fault and I don’t blame them.

As for this, I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I posted their official statement and I believe them. I’ve never had a bad experience with them, and will continue to purchase from them. They are not Cheaper than Dirt.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    A company such as the GlockStore is based in CA...they are able to sell standard cap mags to everyone but residents of CA. How does being in Northbrook prevent them from being able to sell to places where it is legal to own them? Somehow the Northbrook law prevents this but the state law in CA doesn't? Legit question here for my knowledge, not snarky...

Also, the idea of any business moving to Gary, IN of their own free will...really?
    Last edited by nightchief; 02-20-18 at 20:44.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast