Thread: Another Ammo Storage ?

Feedback Score

Another Ammo Storage ?

Anyone see any problems using the plastic waterproof box like at Wal Mart or Bass pro to store ammo in with a little desi? Or is it the best to find mil cans? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That would work fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I have been using the plastic ammo boxs from Cabela's. Ammo still seems fresh to me.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been using these plastic utility/ammo boxes from MTM. I used to be able to get them in bulk for only about $6 or $7 a box, and they are really nice. They have an O-ring seal and are water tight. Then I get one of these dessicant packs from Midway, the kind that you can throw in the oven every so often and reactivate them. Put one of these in each ammo box, and never have a problem. In dry parts of the country some guys don't even need the dessicant, but it's really humid where I live and I used to sometimes have ammo come out of storage with rust specks all over it. The dessicant took care of it.

Dessicant packs at Midway

MTM Utility box:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That's the exact set up I have. Those dessicants are nice, dfiniately need it here in the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I've been using these plastic utility/ammo boxes from MTM. I used to be able to get them in bulk for only about $6 or $7 a box, and they are really nice. They have an O-ring seal and are water tight. Then I get one of these dessicant packs from Midway, the kind that you can throw in the oven every so often and reactivate them. Put one of these in each ammo box, and never have a problem. In dry parts of the country some guys don't even need the dessicant, but it's really humid where I live and I used to sometimes have ammo come out of storage with rust specks all over it. The dessicant took care of it.

Dessicant packs at Midway

MTM Utility box: