Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Powder Measure Opinions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the Hornady, it does the job. It does go over from time to time but not enough to make it painful. The rest of my reloading equipment is RCBS so I have no doubt the Chargemaster is a good option as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I set a IBS Score Benchrest World Record using loads I did on my Chargemaster.

They are about the best thing going in their price range.

Go to Wendy's or McDonalds and get yourself a handful of straws, then look up how to use them to increase the accuracy and reduce overthrows.

For those interested in numbers, I threw 100 charges of VV N130 @36.0gr on the Chargemaster, weighing each one on my FX 120i scale. There were 2 overcharges (as displayed on the Chargemaster's screen), while the other 98 were all within 0.18gr of each other.

Feedback Score
    there is a video on youtube where some PRS guys do a direct comparison of about 4 different scales/powder throwers, ranging in price from almost 5K (prometheus) auto trickler, chargemaster and the unit from Hornady. The very expensive scales were more accurate, but during the actual shooting at 600 yards with a bolt gun and a gas gun, there really wasnt a huge difference. I'm still using an old school manual powder hopper and a digital scale, but the chargemaster is in my future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the typical cycle time for the chargemaster?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The settings are adjustable. In stock form I found it accurate but very slow. I sped mine up but it now over throws every so often and I have to dribble a little powder back into the hopper. It's worth the speed increase to me. If I played with the settings a little more I'm sure I could fine tune it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjoliat View Post
    What is the typical cycle time for the chargemaster?
    Depends on the Caliber. I'd guess about 20 seconds plus or minus.... You have to wait for the final charge weight. I caught my kid grabbing the charge off the scale on the first beep. NO!... you can see when the fukker over charges too. It'll be trying to nudge a couple kernals, and then a clump will drop and mess up your charge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can definitely watch as the clump of powder builds up and is about to fall. I played around with trying to drop a few kernels back into the hopper vs dumping the entire charge, never did figure out if one was faster than the other but dumping the entire charge was less hassle.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark has a trickle charge on his wrist, I shiit you not. Because he is so OCD, he does it all the time. It will drop a clump, he drops a couple F bombs then trickles a few back in, practice makes perfect.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-01-18 at 17:40.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    I played around with trying to drop a few kernels back into the hopper vs dumping the entire charge, never did figure out if one was faster than the other but dumping the entire charge was less hassle.
    For .308 and 300wm, it's quickest to drop a few kernels back in the hopper. If I overshoot it, I flick the chargemaster tube with the pan on the scale until i drop enough powder to hit the charge weight.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    The chargemaster’s are very good...

You can also find them for stupid cheap sometimes. I think I paid $220 for mine maybe cheaper.

You mean the "Chargemaster Lite," right?

What's the difference between that and the regular Chargermaster (that's twice as expensive)?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast