Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electronic Powder Measure Opinions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Man. Musicians Friend has some $50 options that are well reviewed. <----- strike that... deeper search shows the $50 models are not really conditioning the power.
    Last edited by markm; 03-07-18 at 12:25.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post

I can post some numbers or even videos of the difference it makes if people are interested.
    I would be interested if you're so inclined.

Feedback Score
    I use a Lyman electronic powder measure/scale. Works well. Has a step down aperture for the trickler so if you have a powder that tends to clump up and spill out giving an overcharge you can prevent it. Only downside to this is it makes the dispensing slower.

Otherwise invaluable tool for loading extruded powders like 4350, 4831 etc, or working up small batches of ammo for testing.

I charge with a powder thrower or Dillon charge bar when running ball powders or other small grained powders that meter well.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    I worked up some test loads for a new barrel last night, and plugged my Chargemaster into the line conditioner that I use on my FX 120i scale (I rough throw charges with the Chargemaster then trickle up on the FX 120i).

Until this point I never bothered to run the Chargemaster on the line conditioner, as I was only using it for a rough charge.

On the line conditioner, the Chargemaster was easily twice as accurate as before. This is with the same powder I usually use (N130), over countless thousands of charges, so I know what range of weights to expect from the Chargemaster. That range of charge weights was easily halved by the line conditioner.

I still got the occasional overcharge, nothing to be done about that.

I firmly believe that for 99.9% of people out there loading their own ammo for any type of precision work, the Chargemaster coupled with a line conditioner is just the ticket.
    Great post and information; thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I would be interested if you're so inclined.
    I need to load for a shoot I am going to in SC later this month, likely going to do it this weekend if I can get bullets made. Either way I will at least be able to get some hard numbers. If I can find my old camera I will make a video, I don't think that my Iphone will be able to take a long enough video.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm using a Charge Master Lite.
    I have a RCBS electronic scale, a Hornaday beam scale and a trickled, they seem equally accurate.
    The Charge Master is just fast and accurate.
    Last night I was loading 100 RDS and I never had to wait for the Charge Master to finish trickling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345