Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "I believe in the Second Amendment...BUT....."

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

"I believe in the Second Amendment...BUT....."

Every politician seems to believe in the Second Amendment. Until they don't. This guy (current mayor of Dallas) purports to speak for Dallas and wants the NRA to have it's May convention elsewhere?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...elsewhere.html

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway is telling the National Rifle Association to consider holding its annual convention this spring somewhere else, warning of protests if the event is held in Dallas as planned.

"I am saying to the NRA, reconsider coming to Dallas,” Caraway reportedly said Monday, five days after a gunman killed 17 people at a Florida high school. “There will be marches and demonstrations should they come to Dallas.”

He said he believes in Second Amendment rights and owns five guns but argued NRA officials, if they come to Dallas, should work with local leaders on changing laws to increase gun safety.

“It is time for them to stand up,” Caraway said. “And it's time for us to listen and it's time for Trump and every elected official in Washington and USA on every level to stand up and speak out against this type of violence.”
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-20-18 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not surprised by that at all. Hopefully his days as mayor are numbered. That's a lot of tourist business and money he's letting slip through his hands because he along with a lot of other people can't seem to put the blame where it really lies, with the idiot PODS that committed the crime.

I don't think there's one of us here who wouldn't, and doesn't speak out against this type of violence. They just don't like the fact that we speak out against the person who committed the act, and the failure of all those to stop someone who everyone knew was a walking time bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    These people [anti-gunners] really are dumb enough to protest outside a convention where nearly every visitor is armed?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The “butters” always make me laugh.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    "But" is a conjunction to link a statement in the second part of a sentence which contradicts or contrasts the first part of the sentence. No matter what comes before the "but," you know what comes after is going to reveal the true character.

I am in full support of the second amendment, but I think only cops and the military should have anything more than a pistol.....

Or, as my wife says..."I am not mad, but....."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The following is my wife's definition of "but". She says "but" means "disregard everything I just said". I find her definition fits most conversations when it's used.
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 02-20-18 at 10:35.
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    These people [anti-gunners] really are dumb enough to protest outside a convention where nearly every visitor is armed?
    What are they going to do? Come outside and start shooting protestors?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

"I believe in the Second Amendment...BUT....."

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Heaven’s no. But that’s the logic of anti-gunners. So if they believe guns are dangerous, why protest outside? If they protest outside they just not believe guns are dangerous. It contradicts their platform.

The Mayor has the same mentality as Berkeley. If bad people protest, good people must oblige.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Heaven’s no. But that’s the logic of anti-gunners. So if they believe guns are dangerous, why protest outside? If they protest outside they just not believe guns are dangerous. It contradicts their platform.

The Mayor has the same mentality as Berkeley. If bad people protest, good people must oblige.
    Too bad the sheeple will never be able to see this. They're too blind in their "moralistic" rage to see logic. They just want to keep stoking the fires of emotions.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    No, but I can imagine these idiots harassing NRA members trying to get inside or leaving and going back to the hotel. Similar to what protesters did to Trump supporters at various rallies. Like the video of the woman being cornered against a closed storefront entrance. I can totally see some self defense shoots happening when some wannabe ANTIFA asshole tries to go after an NRA member with a bike lock.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast