Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump directs Justice Dept to "ban all devices" like bump stocks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Really feels like that republican president Trump really supports the 2A. Right guys?
    Anyone who believed that was bei willfully blind.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Trump & Reagan are the only 2 pro 2a presidents in my life time. Neither may have been a 2a absolutist, but this is as pro 2a as you will ever see a president. If he were anymore pro 2a, we’d be lose the arguement. I am an absolutist, but when you speak in favor of bumpstocks and dumb shit like that to people in the middle, you appear unreasonable. It’s the kind of thing that will eventually shift public opinion so far, you will see a constitutional amendment voiding 2a. The goal needs to be to educate and make the gun grabbers seem unreasonable. It boggles my mind so many don’t understand this. Trump has held up better than any other of the 2016 candidates would have held up, minus Ted Cruz who had no chance in hell at winning in the general election.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Trump & Reagan are the only 2 pro 2a presidents in my life time.

So what you're saying is there have been 0 pro gun presidents in your lifetime

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    How is paying taxes or serving in the military related to gun ownership? You cant run for President before the age of 35, hell, lets all stop paying taxes.
    Because you either have full rights as an adult or you don't. I find it ludicrous that 18 year olds can go enlist, be trusted with an M4, M9, M249, or the maintenance of advanced aircraft or systems yet they can't buy a pistol or a beer for 3 more years. That is unjust.

I'm not against upping the age of legal adult to 20, but it should be all or nothing, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, selective service, voting, taxes, etc. 18 year olds are second class citizens to their 21 year old peers. That is not right.

Plus, is it 21 to buy "assault weapons" or all guns period? There were plenty of people assaulted with "military style" bolt action rifles beginning in the late 19th century on through the end of the 20th. Hell, it's my understanding that some of the Taliban are still using Mosin Nagants against our troops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Anyone who believes any politician , R, D, I, and everything in between, wants an armed civilian populace is deluded. NRA ratings be damned, they don't want armed subjects.

If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Because you either have full rights as an adult or you don't. I find it ludicrous that 18 year olds can go enlist, be trusted with an M4, M9, M249, or the maintenance of advanced aircraft or systems yet they can't buy a pistol or a beer for 3 more years. That is unjust.

I'm not against upping the age of legal adult to 20, but it should be all or nothing, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, selective service, voting, taxes, etc. 18 year olds are second class citizens to their 21 year old peers. That is not right.

Plus, is it 21 to buy "assault weapons" or all guns period? There were plenty of people assaulted with "military style" bolt action rifles beginning in the late 19th century on through the end of the 20th. Hell, it's my understanding that some of the Taliban are still using Mosin Nagants against our troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Anyone who believes any politician , R, D, I, and everything in between, wants an armed civilian populace is deluded. NRA ratings be damned, they don't want armed subjects.

Well said, and dead on!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Trump & Reagan are the only 2 pro 2a presidents in my life time. Neither may have been a 2a absolutist, but this is as pro 2a as you will ever see a president. If he were anymore pro 2a, we’d be lose the arguement. I am an absolutist, but when you speak in favor of bumpstocks and dumb shit like that to people in the middle, you appear unreasonable. It’s the kind of thing that will eventually shift public opinion so far, you will see a constitutional amendment voiding 2a. The goal needs to be to educate and make the gun grabbers seem unreasonable. It boggles my mind so many don’t understand this. Trump has held up better than any other of the 2016 candidates would have held up, minus Ted Cruz who had no chance in hell at winning in the general election.
    Its all in presentation. If they want to ban bump stocks, ask them how, and what the end game is. Show them that they really want to ban all semi autos and they will either admit it and double down or back off. Ive changed some mid-liberals position on this. Banning bump stocks is unreasonable, because they dont change the funtion of the rifle. Liberals are unreasonable, and supporting thier insanity only empowers them. They want to take rights. Its not about hardware, its about controlling you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Not the slightest bit surprising. Bump stocks, better background checks (better NICS system), and the gun show loophole are the low hanging fruit and the liberals finally found a step ladder. It will be interesting to see if that diverts them sufficiently. It probably will, but only until the next time. And there will be a next time.
    The real Q to me is, what will we get in return? Would we take that in exchange for national reciprocity for example? If "Art of the deal" POTUS negotiates something that on the balance benefits gun owners, I can live with it. If it's a one way street of feel good BS that's nothing but slippery slope not gonna impact crime stuff, not interested. The problem is, it's not the proponents of 2A Rights that are inflexible....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The real Q to me is, what will we get in return? Would we take that in exchange for national reciprocity for example? If "Art of the deal" POTUS negotiates something that on the balance benefits gun owners, I can live with it. If it's a one way street of feel good BS that's nothing but slippery slope not gonna impact crime stuff, not interested. The problem is, it's not the proponents of 2A Rights that are inflexible....
    I should add age restrictions to the list of low-hanging fruit. In this state, that age for "assault rifles" is already 21 and requires a Permit to Acquire or Handgun Permit. IOW treated same as pistols.

IMHO, answer to your question is "probably nothing". In this environment, the national narrative right now appears to be "feel good", not "Art of the Deal". I think the best we can hope for is that a national ban on assault rifles won't be proposed and that they'll leave magazine capacities alone.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-22-18 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Its all in presentation. If they want to ban bump stocks, ask them how, and what the end game is. Show them that they really want to ban all semi autos and they will either admit it and double down or back off. Ive changed some mid-liberals position on this. Banning bump stocks is unreasonable, because they dont change the funtion of the rifle. Liberals are unreasonable, and supporting thier insanity only empowers them. They want to take rights. Its not about hardware, its about controlling you.
    I get it but what did Trump really do? He asked the BATFE & sessions to review the bump stocks and to ban any device that turns a semi auto into full auto, something most people are not even aware is already under way. Bump stocks are still semi auto but regardless of what BATFE rules he isn’t doing anything, he simply placated the left with lip service on that issue (and I don’t think he cares one way or another about bump stocks). He realizes he cannot appear unreasonable on these issues or it will backfire. He mentioned ending gun free zones (IMO the problem of school mass shootings started with this POS bill from 1990), armed security and allowing trained faculty to conceal carry. In return he gives the left rifles at 21 (hopefully with exceptions) and improved NICS (big deal). He comes off as reasonable without restricting the rights of responsible grown adults, if the left rejects the solutions, the next shooting is entirely on them.

I’ll say it again, DJT is handling this as best as we could have ever hoped a POTUS could handle it. Do keep note, the left’s tactics post shooting have improved and the right has been asleep after 8 years of hypervigilance with Obama and that is part of the reason you may see a compromise at all. Whoever is organizing and funding these rallies and getting the mainstream media on board is doing an effective job, like it or not.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast