Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump directs Justice Dept to "ban all devices" like bump stocks

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Really feels like that republican president Trump really supports the 2A. Right guys?
    Still better than Hillary

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This is going to really hurt him.
    Everyone that hates him will still hate him.
    It will not win him any votes/support.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I imagine it'll include anything the ATF says it includes...
    If the left could outlaw fingers that can rapidly pull triggers, they would.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If we could only make murder illegal some how . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I don't consider this a loss nor do I feel that in anyway Trump is giving in. This is defiantly not a win for the democrats by any means. Bump stocks and binary triggers were asking for attention. They got attention in the worst way possible. Like wise also, these "arm braces" which are used to possess paperless SBR's is just asking for trouble. I think a lot of people just cant grasp how bump stocks and binary triggers were pushing the boundaries just a little too far. And there seems to be a lot of justification about certain "freedoms" and "rights", when I strongly feel that the average gun enthusiast knew that a bump stock or binary trigger would cause some senator or congressman to take action.

And I know the whole "its not technically a machine gun, the gun isn't changed" debate. I honestly feel better that Trump took action on this than Obama. At least people will see this as Trump making an effort instead of just talking like that Kenyan who was our last president.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    So, is this going to include things like geissele triggers???
    Is a two stage trigger a rate of fire increasing device?

I doubt that argument would hold up if ATF tried it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    This is going to really hurt him.
    Everyone that hates him will still hate him.
    It will not win him any votes/support.
    The Left id just going to bitch it doesn't go far enough.
    I can see the headlines now.....
    "Trump bans bump stocks, but is that enough?"
    "Bump stocks outlawed, but millions of other high-power weapons still on the loose"
    "Loophole in law allows assault weapon owners to keep their deadly arsenals despite bump stock ban"

This is just not something that should be happening, not ever, but especially not with the current political makeup of the government.
    ****ing pathetic. I feel like a beggar child just trying to maintain my grasp on a tattered stuffed animal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    everyone is calling for an AWB, maybe this was to just pacify them without taking it further....one can hope.

We asked for the HPA and got this instead, should we even be surprised?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Honestly, I didn't vote for the guy in the last election because I didn't trust him. I was planning on voting for him in 2020.

Not now.

Screw giving up any more of my rights to appease to the lowest common denominator.

He's either:

A. Doing this to get some of the media heat off of him (which won't work).

or

B. Pushing it because he believes it and finally has an "acceptable" excuse to do so.

Considering the nonstop battle with the media he's had, I seriously doubt it's option A.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnxgeek View Post
    Still better than Hillary

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't think so. No. Hear me out.

Anything Hillary would have proposed would have been fought tooth and nail no matter how minor it was. We would fight her on general principle. But since it is Trump proposing it we now are backed into a corner. More people on our side are likely to support it and now the Democrats have a toe in the door and can say "See. Even Trump supports Gun control"
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast