Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Float Rail Length M4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds like you are very new to the AR platform and would benefit more from shooting the rifle in its current form before making any changes.

Feedback Score
    I am new to the platform. I am only in the market for a rail because my sight combo rubs (isnt flush) due to the stock handguard. So figured floating rail will make it more sturdy and fixed.

What's difference between C4 Centurion 0609-CC vs 0609-MC?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garavar View Post
    I am new to the platform. I am only in the market for a rail because my sight combo rubs (isnt flush) due to the stock handguard. So figured floating rail will make it more sturdy and fixed.
    I didn't follow this at all, and likely am not the only one.

Feedback Score
    The 0609-CC is for a carbine gas system, which is what you need, 0609-MC is for a mid-length gas system. If you look at 06012-P that is the 12' carbine gas cutout. But its irrelevant is you are looking at a low profile gas block. I would leave the FSB as is, and not mess with it. The last thing I would do is buy a 6920 and mess with the gas block/FSB. BTW, what kind of rear sight are you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I didn't follow this at all, and likely am not the only one.
    I'm not tracking with him either. It would also be nice if he posted links instead of throwing out product codes for parts.

Garavar- Please give us complete information so we can help you out. Centurion Arms makes great stuff, but there is no point in steering you to the wrong components.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm not tracking with him either. It would also be nice if he posted links instead of throwing out product codes for parts.

Garavar- Please give us complete information so we can help you out. Centurion Arms makes great stuff, but there is no point in steering you to the wrong components.
    Unfortunately I am out of town for the next few days. So when I get back I'll take photos so everyone can see what I am referring to.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Photos should help.

I don't consider removing a 6920's pinned front sight base and running a fixed (or especially folding) rail mounted front sight to be more sturdy than an A2 FSB.

I agree with anybody that says that a carbine gas system with drop-in handguards is far from ideal from an ergonomics standpoint.

I also like the ~13" length for 16" barrels.
    Last edited by grizzman; 02-21-18 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    10" ALG EMR. Put the coated bit in so you can see where the gas block (cut down 6920 FSB) is located.

An M4 RAS will give you a decent idea of what a 7" free float would look like.

Last edited by jsbhike; 02-21-18 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put a 7 inch bcm kmr on a 6920. Pic on here somewhere. Wasnt crazy about it bein short but was way better then the stock shit
    Steve

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    7 inch rails like the KMR are usually designed to fit with the fsp intact. I really like having it.

I bought a 15" rail for an 18" barrel. I hate it all. 16" or less is where its at, the lighter the better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast